Author Topic: Utime -- Show how long your players have been connected this session and total  (Read 538300 times)

Offline Canne

i got issues with it the time resets all the time how we fix it?

Offline Aaron113

Make sure your server and garry's mod are up-to-date.  There was an update today that possibly fixed the issue.

Offline Belly136

Can i somehow remove box displaying time from top right corner completely so that it does not show to anyone? I only need Utime for Apromote.

Offline Canne

Ill check it today if it works.

Offline Aaron113

Can i somehow remove box displaying time from top right corner completely so that it does not show to anyone? I only need Utime for Apromote.

Easiest way would be to just delete utime/lua/autorun/cl_utime.lua.

Then also delete line 3 of sh_utime.lua.

EDIT:  You could also probably just delete the line 3 and it would function the same as deleting both.

Offline allofmywutsteam

• MNWO Owner
    • MNWO Discord
Easiest way would be to just delete utime/lua/autorun/cl_utime.lua.

Then also delete line 3 of sh_utime.lua.

EDIT:  You could also probably just delete the line 3 and it would function the same as deleting both.

Or type "utime_enable 0" in console and it won't show the on-screen window.
"Then Jesus said to his disciples, 'Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.'" - Matthew 16:24

MNWO: Steam | Discord | Website | Join Server

Offline Aaron113

That's only for whoever types it in.  To my understanding, he wanted to just get rid of it entirely.  I guess if he wants to just have it disabled by default, he can change the default convar for it.

Offline Belly136

That only disables clientside... I want it to be server side so that no one sees it when they join no matter if they have utime_enable set to 1 or 0. I only need the timer so i can continue using apromote and utime hour changer.

Edit: Well deleting line 3 and cl_utime just gave me errors on server console and disabled both apromote and utime hour changer.
Code: [Select]
[Belly|2|STEAM_0:0:85396729] Lua Error:

[ERROR] lua/includes/extensions/table.lua:51: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
  1. pairs - [C]:-1
   2. Empty - lua/includes/extensions/table.lua:51
    3. fn - addons/ulx/lua/ulx/modules/cl/xgui_client.lua:429
     4. func - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/client/cl_util.lua:22
      5. unknown - lua/includes/modules/net.lua:32
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 09:07:28 PM by Belly136 »

Offline Canne

utime keeps restting for me it's not even working... can someone help and yes i got the latest version of gmod.

Offline allofmywutsteam

• MNWO Owner
    • MNWO Discord
Pasting from another thread.

Due to some unfortunate circumstances, I had to completely wipe my computer of anything GMod related, and reinstall it, plus validate tf2 and hl2 etc.

Now that I'm up and running, I first download the 10-13 addons I keep up to date from the WS, and then join my main server. Immediately when I join, I am greeted by 2 big concerns:

1. (related to this addon) script errors that spammed my console for nearly a minute. Screenshots of the errors included.

Any ideas?

2. (unrelated I think) I get the below XGUI warning which I have never seen in the 3+ years I've played the game

I'll be posting in the ULX thread with the second problem once the first is resolved. Unless someone can chime in here.

Oh, and my utime hours are fine, by the box itself has been re-positioned and colors defaulted.

Keep in mind this has only happened this one time. Maybe it's happened in the beginning and never again after, but if my users are experiencing this the first time they join for the very first time, then I'm a bit concerned.
"Then Jesus said to his disciples, 'Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.'" - Matthew 16:24

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
If you open your server /addons/utime/addon.txt, there's a table in it, one of the table entries is "version"; what version does it say?
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline allofmywutsteam

• MNWO Owner
    • MNWO Discord
If you open your server /addons/utime/addon.txt, there's a table in it, one of the table entries is "version"; what version does it say?

I don't have an addon.txt file. My readme.txt says I'm running v1.42 though

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
I'm totally lost as to how utime is even running on your server then, as I thought the legacy addon system (non-workshop) required "addon.txt".
However it's working for you, you're running an old version that was known to cause some errors.
As I asked previously, please use the version from Github in our master zip file.

https://github.com/Nayruden/Ulysses/archive/master.zip

Remove/delete your current utime folder from your server addons folder, and upload the utime folder from within that zip to your server addons folder.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline allofmywutsteam

• MNWO Owner
    • MNWO Discord
I'm totally lost as to how utime is even running on your server then, as I thought the legacy addon system (non-workshop) required "addon.txt".
However it's working for you, you're running an old version that was known to cause some errors.
As I asked previously, please use the version from Github in our master zip file.

https://github.com/Nayruden/Ulysses/archive/master.zip

Remove/delete your current utime folder from your server addons folder, and upload the utime folder from within that zip to your server addons folder.

Two questions.

1. If I uninstall and reinstall then I lose all the data logged for users right?
2. Isn't this the master archive https://github.com/Nayruden/Ulysses? I'm confused because I downloaded my utime from there, but I don't see it saying it's been updated there aside from two years ago.

What's different from 1.42 and 1.43?

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
1) Utime data is stored in sv.db of server gmod directory. Changing anything in /addons will not affect the data for utime unless you changed something we've never recommended. Same for ULib/ULX, it's stored in /data/
2) Yes, that's our master repo, and whether you originally downloaded from there or not, the path you showed, and the readme file you showed in your last post are not the same/newer data in our repo.

I can't quickly tell the full differences between 1.42 and 1.43, however, the current code on github shows Megiddo added an extra check to make sure cpanel wasn't nil, which, your error indicates it is.

I'm not guaranteeing with 100% absolute surety your error will stop. I'm just saying the latest code from github was to fix an issue like that.