ULX

Author Topic: Utime -- Show how long your players have been connected this session and total  (Read 538131 times)

Offline Aaron113

Looks like this is the latest version:  http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,5737.0.html
You can also view the old version here:  http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,4445.0.html

Google is amazing :P

« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 05:27:12 PM by Aaron113 »

Offline Whitesoul

Reply how to move it to the right side of the screen its on the left

Offline Belly136

If only utimeM used same tables as utime does... I have converted over 5k users from sv.db to .sql

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Released current GitHub version, updated link on first post. Anyone still having cpanel issues with that one?
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline Belly136

I fixed cpanel with
Code: [Select]
if not LocalPlayer():IsValid() or cpanel == nil then return end under
function buildCP( cpanel )But i was still getting error when creating panel for new players (Using prop hunt). I tried removing
buildCP( controlpanel.Get( "Utime" ) ) and it works fine but i'm not sure if this is the best way to prevent error from showing again. Any suggestions?

Offline allofmywutsteam

• MNWO Owner
    • MNWO Discord
Is it possible to this concept http://puu.sh/hHdZu/7bcb796ef9.png and add the option to monitor when the last time someone joined? So right now it's client-side, but can I find out when someone last joined? As in "ulx ujoined "steamId" or something. And running this command will let me know when the last tinme that player joined.

Alternatively, could we set a group check after a certain amount of days that adds that ulx group to the list stating "This group hasn't joined in over 31 days." With this, we decide which groups we'd like to apply this watch to.

Somewhat like combining the !warn menu, while using the ulx who <steam_id> and the utim function all in one.

My goal is to monitor the activity of someone who has purchase content on the server, but doesn't join after X days, and they would be added to a list. With that list I'd remove whatever extra content they have on the server since they're not utilizing it anymore to help prevent the clutter. I already have this policy implemented, but monitoring it isn't that easy. Right now I'm guessing (server wise), but I'm checking last active date on the website as well.

Hope that wasn't confusing
"Then Jesus said to his disciples, 'Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.'" - Matthew 16:24

MNWO: Steam | Discord | Website | Join Server

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Doing what you're asking directly from an sqlite query would be pretty simple, though you'd have to correlate the uid back to their steam id/name.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline Tomzen

• A new lua adventurer
    • Thirdage Gaming
Is there some code that allows me to use lua and check their time on the server and auto promote them to regular if (example) they have 8 hours
Finished:
Impersonate
<==> FakePromote/Demote <==> RandomMap <==> ForceMic <==> Search <==> PlayMenu <==
WIP:
ServerMode <==

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Is there some code that allows me to use lua and check their time on the server and auto promote them to regular if (example) they have 8 hours
Maybe

In all honesty though, I'd recommend not doing that.
Though 8 hours is still better than some I've seen, it tends to clutter and grow the user files.
I've seen 2-3 come here and ask why groups are acting strange to find out they have autopromote of some type and have hundreds of "regulars".

If you do decide to use any one of those found in our releases section, just make sure to also clean up users who haven't been seen in (weeks/months)
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline lRoberth

I have a problem, every time i disconnect from my server, the time of utime resets, what i can do? i reiinstalled this like 8 times

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
Look for errors in server console from UTime.
And make sure your server gmod can read and write to sv.db
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline lRoberth

How i can know that? i have a hosted darkrp server, and every time i disconnect the time resets, and is not writiing errors on the console

Offline Tomzen

• A new lua adventurer
    • Thirdage Gaming
Have you ran it as administrator? right click > run as admin
Finished:
Impersonate
<==> FakePromote/Demote <==> RandomMap <==> ForceMic <==> Search <==> PlayMenu <==
WIP:
ServerMode <==

Offline MetallicGloss

Is there a way to reset the data?

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
Is there a way to reset the data?
You can erase your server gmod\sv.db, but that would delete all other data any other addon/or Gmod stores there.
You could also grab "UTime hour changer" from the releases section of the forum.