Author Topic: How do I add a user?  (Read 49345 times)

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
How do I add a user?
« on: December 30, 2007, 09:30:26 AM »
The concommand method:

ULX includes an "adduser" command. The help for this command is:
ulx adduser <user> <group>
user - The user to add
group - Choose from your own groups, or the defaults: "operator", "admin", or "superadmin"

This user WILL be added to the permanent users list!
Operators have no default access. This makes them great for "ulx userallow".

So, if I wanted to add user bob to the superadmins, I would enter at console "ulx adduser bob superadmin".
Or, if I only wanted bob to have access to "ulx slap", I would first use "ulx adduser bob operator", then 'ulx userallow bob "ulx slap"'. (Make sure you have the quotes around "ulx slap").

Even if you don't have any access, you can use this command from a listen server console or a dedicated server console.

The file method:

There are two ways to add users in ULib: You can add them to our file in data/ULib/users.txt, or you can add users to the default GM10 admin file. Due the complexity of our users file, and the benefits of adding users to the default file, we will only worry about the default file here.

See http://wiki.garrysmod.com/?title=Player_Groups for how to edit the default Garry's mod user file. Our admin library imports from it.

[Edit-JamminR]- Changed link to editing default users.txt file - Wiki changed
[Edit-JamminR]- Changed link to editing default users.txt file - Wiki changed again
[Edit-Stickly Man!]- Updated post for release v3.51 (Removed references to immunity, etc. Contact me for the old post)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 09:09:57 AM by Stickly Man! »
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline Fingyer

Re: How do I add a user?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 12:08:30 AM »
So adding a user to the "superadmins" group, say.. would give them all the powers of the normal admin's powers? :-\

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 09:06:20 AM »
Yes.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline Chironex

• Formerly known as Kyzer
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 09:51:10 AM »
Yes.

And +, superadmins specifics powers...logic no?

Offline spbogie

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 11:07:25 AM »
Except the group is superadmin not superadmins
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas A. Edison
I reject your reality and substitute my own. - Adam Savage

soulwolf

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 06:33:29 PM »
uh do i need a dedicated server source to make my self a admin or i can just do it in the console  ??? cuz i really want to be a admin  :D

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 07:45:22 PM »
uh do i need a dedicated server source to make my self a admin or i can just do it in the console  ??? cuz i really want to be a admin  :D

Even if you don't have any access, you can use this command from a listen server console or a dedicated server console.

Please read
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Afromoose

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 02:58:51 PM »
 :-\ Ok, I have 2 questions:

1. If i was the one that made the server, does that mean that i am automatically considered a superadmin? ???

2. I am trying to add myself/other people to the user's list via concommands, but whenever i do the "ulx adduser Afromoose superadmin 1" it says that the commands are complicated, and i should read the "ulx usermanagementhelp". I tried that also, but when i try and read it, it says "Sorry, Afromoose, this is an advanced help function for admins to use". >:(

I have no idea how to get past this, and require help ASAP. Please help fast!!! :'(
Afromoose

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 03:29:33 PM »
1. If i was the one that made the server, does that mean that i am automatically considered a superadmin? ???
Only if a listen server (that is, you started the server from a game, not srcds.exe)

2. I am trying to add myself/other people to the user's list via concommands, but whenever i do the "ulx adduser Afromoose superadmin 1" it says that the commands are complicated, and i should read the "ulx usermanagementhelp". I tried that also, but when i try and read it, it says "Sorry, Afromoose, this is an advanced help function for admins to use". >:(

I have no idea how to get past this, and require help ASAP. Please help fast!!! :'(
Afromoose

You must run the first commands from a SERVER console. If a listen server, you should be superadmin already.
If you're running it from your game console, connected to your server, and you've not yet made yourself superadmin through the SERVER console or rcon, then it has no idea who you are.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming