ULX

Author Topic: Autokicking groups to make way for higher members?  (Read 3166 times)

Offline THE404ERROR

Autokicking groups to make way for higher members?
« on: January 27, 2008, 10:57:05 AM »
First off, I want to thank the Ulysses Team for their quick work at updating ULX and ULib for the latest GMOD update. It works better than it ever has.

My question is this: Is there some way I can set UTeam/ULib/ULX to autokick members of the "users" group when people in the , "member", (special group made for my clan) "operator", "admin" or "superadmin" group want to get in?

EXAMPLE #1
GMOD SERVER: 8/8

THE404ERROR - superadmin
Admin #1 - admin
Admin #2 - admin
Operator #1 - operator
Member #1 - member
User #1 - user
User #2 - user
User #3 - user

User #3 is autokicked if Member #2 wants to join.

EXAMPLE #2

User #1 - user
User #2 - user
User #3 - user
User #4 - user
User #5 - user
User #6 - user
User #7 - user
User #8 - user

User #8 is autokicked if Operator #1 wants to join.

EXAMPLE #3

Member #1 - member
Member #2 - member
Member #3 - member
Member #4 - member
Member #5 - member
Member #6 - member
Member #7 - member
Member #8 - member

Nobody is autokicked because all the users are members.

The purpose: To allow members of my clan entrance over guests/regular users, since the server is public.

I have searched the forums already, and there is no topic like this.

Thank you to everyone who replies. :)

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
Re: Autokicking groups to make way for higher members?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 12:57:16 PM »
The game does not know what group the player is in until they load in. This is why a player will completely load in before they get kicked if the slot is reserved. Also, if the server is full, steam will just not allow your to even connect if the server is full, so there is not a chance for any lua to even recognise players trying to connect if the server is already full.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 02:08:49 PM »
Zakap, we work around the server full issue using sv_visiblemaxplayers, but, then admins can't use the Server menu, they have to connect manually.
We also don't enable it by default.

404error,
See server.ini file in addons/ulx/cfg/server.ini
Specifically, section that looks like
Code: [Select]
ulx rslotsMode 0
ulx rslots 2
ulx rslotsVisible 1 // When this is 0, sv_visiblemaxplayers will be set to maxplayers - slots_currently_reserved
//Modes:
//0 - Off
//1 - Keep # of slots reserved for admins, admins fill slots.
//2 - Keep # of slots reserved for admins, admins don't fill slots, they'll be freed when a player leaves.
//3 - Always keep 1 slot open for admins, kick the user with the shortest connection time if an admin joins.

When you make changes to server.ini, SAVE IT TO /gmod/cfg/server.ini , NOT back to addons/ulx/cfg ... this way, when you update anytime, your changes don't get
overwritten.

If turn off (0) rslotsVisible, if you set 2 reserves slots on an 8 member server, it will look like it only has 6 capable.
Your priveledged non-user group people will need to know to use the console to type "connect ip:port" to fill those two additional spots.

Once you have that set up, you'll need to do, I think, ulx addgroup member "ulx reservedslots"
I might be wrong on that flag. Megiddo or spbogie can verify that for me (or, you can test)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 02:15:17 PM by JamminR »
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 06:30:50 PM »
Jam, I know about that, but I dont think he is talking about reserved slots for admins.. he wants to use a hierarchy. making it to where player a in group a will be kicked to make room for anyone who wants to join in group b c d or e.. player in group c will get kicked for someone in group d or e. I guess you could do the visable max players thing to work around but ULX doesnt support this as far as I know.

I could be very wrong though. =)

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 07:11:06 PM »
autokick members of the "users" group when people in the<clip>
"member",<clip>
"operator", "admin" or "superadmin" group want to get in?

That's how I took it to sound like our reserved slots. :)

Zakap's right though. No heirarchy. You either have reserved slot access, or you don't.
 If you give 'member' reserved slot access, they won't be kicked before a superadmin or admin would.
By default, operator doesn't have reserved slot access, so they'd get kicked just like a user would.

"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 08:17:53 PM »
I reread the OP.. and I was wrong in my interpretation. hah. Like jam said..

Give all the groups you want to have access, then set rslotmode to 3 in the config.. server.ini. Make the max visable slots 1 less than the servers max (which will cause users to get access to the 'last' spot by directly connecting through console. What this will do is it will always keep 1 slot open for someone with the access, and if the server is full and there is someone without the access it will kick them to keep 1 slot open. the only time the server would TRUELY be full is if it was 100% full of people with the access to the reserved slots.