Author Topic: Gmod update on <ANY_DATE> broke ULX!! What do I do??  (Read 6557 times)

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Gmod update on <ANY_DATE> broke ULX!! What do I do??
« on: January 23, 2008, 07:19:19 AM »
Read and Search our forums
Many people post the same problems repeatedly. We as developers grow tired of this, especially if we've discussed work-arounds in one of the previous question posts.
Make sure you've thoroughly looked before posting. We grow even more frustrated if it was due to a Gmod update beyond our control, and the problem was asked about or posted several times.

Be patient.
Be assured we're working to fix and tweak ULX to work with whatever has been changed in the update.
When using ULX, you're using one of the most actively developed mods out for Gmod, and probably (*said with pride*) the most active admin mod.
Give a few days for us to catch up. I'm betting the problem you're having, we're probably aware of within 24-48 hours of release. Likely sooner.
Team Ulysses average turn around time for figuring out what broke, and more importantly, what we can do about it and posting to SVN, is 7 days.
(Two of primary developers are college students...amazing what little time they have and still do all that they do.)

"Ok, I've done all that, how do I get it working?"
If we've not yet made a release on our front page, then you can most likely get the latest somewhat if not all working code from SVN, our development code base. See the other FAQs for questions related to SVN.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 06:26:56 PM by JamminR »
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming