ULX

Author Topic: URules  (Read 2839 times)

Offline Drakehawke

• Serious Roleplaying Hell
URules
« on: March 08, 2010, 02:13:07 PM »
URules - A ULX rules system
There could be a file in the data directory where you can put your servers rules into.
There could be an option to enable/disable these rules being the MOTD (This way it allows people who like to make their own fancy MOTD's to still do that)

GUI
When an admin tries to kick/ban someone without specifying a reason, they get a GUI entitled "Kick Player: <players name>".
Below this is a button with each rule from rules.txt on it.
An admin can then click the rule that the player has broken, and it will automatically put "Rule Broken: <rule here>" as the kick/ban reason.
There would also be a button called "Other" where they can specify their own rule.

Chat Commands
It could have full functionality with the chat alone.
eg if an admin does "!kick <name> 1"
It would automatically put rule 1 as the reason.
Or if an admin still wanted to use their own reason, they could put in their reason and it would kick them for that reason.

I would have no idea how to go about making that, just thought it sounded like a cool idea

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: URules
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 03:08:23 PM »
Once XGUI and the next ULib come out, perhaps it can be added as a module.
I've not looked at XGUI's plugin system, but depending on it's capability (at same time being simple), I'm keeping the thought of doing something similiar to my old UMotd release, at least in relation to informational screens if not the actual motd.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Ploo

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 05:24:18 AM »
And all rules have a default punishment, weather be it a kick or a ban for x minutes. Or you can specify your own.

Offline someone920

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 08:47:10 AM »
if there can also be a chat command like "Ulx rule <number> <user>", it gets the rule and displays it on the user's screen for a certain amount of time, it would be very helpful.