ULX

Author Topic: Default Ban Time  (Read 2520 times)

Offline ben build

Default Ban Time
« on: February 23, 2008, 06:18:10 PM »
Simple request:

Currently the default ban time is 0 which is a permanent ban as you know.

I Run multiple servers using ulx but i always find my admins accidentally permanently banning people, they say they are in a rush to do it and they put extra spaces in when trying to type it in.  I Suggest 600 which i currently have modified the code to, but every update this is one thing i do not remember. It would be ok apart from they don't want to remove that person because they deserve a ban and don't bother changing it by removing it and using addid.

A better solution would be, the admin that created the ban could edit his own ban (I don't have female admins, do you?)

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
Re: Default Ban Time
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 07:43:52 PM »
Sounds like you need a better system. Maybe require your admins to fill out a ban form every time they deem it necessary to do a permanent ban on your forums or whatever. This would make them think about their bans a little more.

Also, yes, I have 2 female admins.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Default Ban Time
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 09:18:40 PM »
A better solution would be, the admin that created the ban could edit his own ban (I don't have female admins, do you?)

1) Admins can already do this.
"ulx banid <STEAM_ID:#:#> <(new_temp)time> <reason>" would overwrite whichever permanent ban already existed as long as the steamid was known.
[edit - I don't believe ULX checks to see if the ban already exists, so the admin shouldn't have to remove the original. I could be wrong.]

Though I don't often run a server personally, I also have 2 female admins.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 07:46:14 AM by JamminR »
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming