Author Topic: Addition  (Read 2621 times)

Offline Ejjarufaf

Addition
« on: March 22, 2008, 06:31:45 AM »
Hey, I used to use Ulx cause its awesome, but recently I have been using ASS_mod just because it gives access to restrictions on guns, tools, entities, ect, to certain level admin status, and I was wondering if you could do the same? Also, it has a neato prop protection level changer that would be nice, if these were in ULX, it would be the best ever.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Addition
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 10:35:21 AM »
Thanks for your input.
However, much of your suggestion is already in the works, has been available for some time, is being improved, or combinations of all three.

Re: Tool control
From your "ulx help" menu
Code: [Select]
Category: Toolmodes
   o toolallow <toolmode> - Globally allows the use of the specified toolmode. (IE: "remover")
   o toolallowuser [<user>] <toolmode> - Allows a player the use of the specified toolmode.
   o tooldeny <toolmode> - Globally denies the use of the specified toolmode. (IE: "remover")
   o tooldenyuser [<user>] <toolmode> - Denies a player the use of the specified toolmode.
Though the above commands don't get entered into user or groups.txt permanently (that is, next map restart clears them), we're planning on improving them as indicated in our development tracker here

Re: Weapon Control
See our FAQs page "Can ULX prevent users from spawning with <whatever> weapon?"

Re: Entity Control
See our Releases forum: "Uppl -- Ulysses Per Prop Limit. Restrict specified props to a certain number!"

Re: Prop Protection
In the works: What are you looking for in a prop protector?

I spent about 5 minutes answering this question because I knew where to look for the answers.
You could have done it in ten browsing and searching our forums.

Please spend more time getting to know us again. We appreciate that other mods may have features that don't seem obvious in ULX.
We've been around the block a few times though. We have more available than many realize or care to take the time to find out.

If the above features aren't what you're looking for exactly, please elaborate. Don't just say "make <feature x> better like <admin mod Y>!"
Tell us how you think the others is better, OR, suggest how we improve the current ULX one.

"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 07:00:47 PM »
Jam, the only problem with ulx toolallow is that is doesn't allow for cross session usage, or the ability to restrict tools by group.

Since you showed me the cantool hook, I've been tweaking some things on my server to use it instead of modifying every tool, so maybe I'll turn it into a module and release it.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 08:10:07 PM »
Jam, the only problem with ulx toolallow is that is doesn't allow for cross session usage, or the ability to restrict tools by group.

Since you showed me the cantool hook, I've been tweaking some things on my server to use it instead of modifying every tool, so maybe I'll turn it into a module and release it.

Yeah, as I mentioned below the commands, it's on our todo list.
For now if needed, people could add ulx tooldeny <blah> to there server.ini, or maps/map_name.ini
Not quite the same, but all we have for now
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming