Author Topic: ULX v2:Play Sounds  (Read 6680 times)

Offline Griff

ULX v2:Play Sounds
« on: August 11, 2006, 06:35:12 AM »
Thanks for help by JamminR. couldnt have done this without him.

here is the link.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 10:44:12 AM by JamminR »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Play Sounds
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 10:43:32 AM »
Glad I could help.
Do you have the sounds? Im not sure they can be had in the Releases for v1.* forum.
I also edited your subject line so folks would know its made to compliment ULX v2.

Note to others:
Originally created by InstantDeath, then converted by Griff, this script looks for three key words or phrases, then plays a sound if they are said.
 This script wasn't modified much from its original ULX v1 version. See it in the "Releases for ULX v1.*" forum if you want the ULX v1.13 version.
(You have to be signed on as a forum member to see this forum available)

Griff, or anyone, up to the challenge of upgrading, making it more user friendly/configurable? I'm thinking tables could be used to store word/sound pairs.
table.insert(wordtosound,"word","what/to/play")
Something like that, I'm probably off.
Then perhaps a for loop to look for each word on player said, then play sound associated with word if found?
 This way, users coud more easily add/change whats played on key text by editing the table entries
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 11:46:23 AM by JamminR »
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Griff

Re: ULX v2:Play Sounds
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 08:01:44 PM »
i think that would be good. but at the moment. i am still learning lua, and need to learn a of a lot more function etc before i can even begin to release, modify, re-release, upgrade, etc. i just did this one since you helped me with it, and it worked like a dream. :) but im sure i will learn pretty quick. :)