Author Topic: ULX respawn  (Read 6808 times)

Offline dbaum110

ULX respawn
« on: August 16, 2015, 04:46:31 PM »
Ever wanted a way to respawn yourself/other players in deathrun/jailbreak/other?
Now you can :)

Offline Aaron113

Re: ULX respawn
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 09:26:18 PM »
I'm afraid its already been done...  http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,8100.0.html

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 01:59:09 AM »
What's your point Aaron113?
There's no rule stating that an idea can only be coded and released once.

Please keep these kinds of comments to yourself. Non-Constructive posts really don't have any place here. We're not Facepunch.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 08:43:37 AM »
I see this one mentions specific gamemodes that Force Spawn doesn't, but ForceSpawn does mention not killing people (which takes away points), and later discussion also mentions being placed in certain teams that perhaps it doesn't work well with.
I'd be curious to know the differences between the two, and if this one has overcome the spectator/special dead teams.
Unfortunately, the first post doesn't describe the release well.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Caustic Soda-Senpai

• <Insert something clever here>
    • Steam Page
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 01:32:46 PM »
I looked at the code: it won't work on Excl's Jailbreak and is identical to Apple's with the exception to this one not being able to run on multiple users at once.
Once you get to know me, you'll find you'll have never met me at all.

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 10:37:50 AM »
What's your point Aaron113?
There's no rule stating that an idea can only be coded and released once.

Please keep these kinds of comments to yourself. Non-Constructive posts really don't have any place here. We're not Facepunch.
My point is that they do the exact same thing.  One is just slightly more complex by allowing muliple targets, as syst3M4Tik mentions.  But hey, by all means, if you want the same thing released over and over again, delete my post and ignore me.

And I'm sorry dbaum110 if I'm coming off as a bit harsh, I only meant to point out it's already been released.

Offline Bite That Apple

• Apple Innovations 2010®
    • Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 03:59:42 AM »
I've never seen Mr.President respond like that.. things sure change when you're gone for three months. I don't have a problem at all with more duplicate posts being up, even if he copied the entire code and gave himself credit, i wouldn't really care, not as if I'm making money on Garry's mod stuff.
Quote from: John F. Kennedy 1963
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2015, 05:04:21 AM »
I've never seen Mr.President respond like that.. things sure change when you're gone for three months. I don't have a problem at all with more duplicate posts being up, even if he copied the entire code and gave himself credit, i wouldn't really care, not as if I'm making money on Garry's mod stuff.

We've had an increasing number of people take a backseat-moderator stance on the forums lately. Putting down other people or being unnecessarily rude to new members when they ask simple questions. We are not an 'elitist' community and we don't treat new (or any) members with disrespect. I just try to nip these things in the bud before they grow out of hand.

An appropriate response to the OP here would have been something along the lines of:
"Nice work dbaum110. Someone else has already posted something very similar to this. (see link). Maybe you could add something to yours that makes it unique. (Offer suggestions if you have any)."

There is a big difference between constructive criticism and criticism. While it's entirely possible that Aaron113 didn't intend to be condescending, it did come off that way and his post really didn't serve any purpose other than to point out the fact that the OP wasn't being original.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2015, 07:04:30 PM »
Not taking the side of anyone but the original poster's few minutes of fame (hopefully), but this release post isn't the place to discuss the who/what/where/when/why how of anything but dbaum110's release.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Bite That Apple

• Apple Innovations 2010®
    • Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2015, 10:36:35 PM »
Well anyways, nice work original poster. I suggest removing the if alive part, but that's just me.
Quote from: John F. Kennedy 1963
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.