ULX

Author Topic: UPS - Ulysses Prop Share  (Read 362203 times)

Offline Sc00by22

Re: [BETA] UPS - Ulysses Prop Share
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2008, 07:22:14 AM »
Works brilliant in my server

Offline Patrik

« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2008, 04:35:54 PM »
It works nice and I will keep using it, however, it does not delete props at all, neither when a player disconnect or when you select clean-up in the menu. Also, instead of props going up for grabs when someone disconnect it goes to a random user.

I have another bug, not sure about it, when I joined my server a guy was on and he couldn't touch his props, they were up to grabs but he couldn't grab them. He didn't say something but started to spam instead.

A suggestion for the future would be the ability to still see owner after a player disconnected and to still be able to clean up the players props (but it should still be visable in the menu that the player is not in the server). The problem with "clean all disconnected props" is that if a spammer spams so someone crashes and you clean up then the person who crashed lost all his stuff even if he is coming back.

Offline Sc00by22

« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2008, 04:52:12 PM »
It works nice and I will keep using it, however, it does not delete props at all, neither when a player disconnect or when you select clean-up in the menu. Also, instead of props going up for grabs when someone disconnect it goes to a random user.

I have another bug, not sure about it, when I joined my server a guy was on and he couldn't touch his props, they were up to grabs but he couldn't grab them. He didn't say something but started to spam instead.

All of the above sounds like you haven't installed it properly, Everything works fine on my server

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2008, 05:16:59 PM »

A suggestion for the future would be the ability to still see owner after a player disconnected and to still be able to clean up the players props (but it should still be visable in the menu that the player is not in the server). The problem with "clean all disconnected props" is that if a spammer spams so someone crashes and you clean up then the person who crashed lost all his stuff even if he is coming back.

Not getting any of that on our test server either.

Good idea with the suggestion, I think I meant to do this and forgot.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline Patrik

« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2008, 08:39:30 AM »
I'll see if I still have that error, I've restarted the server before so maybe it works now...

Offline Patrik

« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2008, 11:44:42 AM »
Another bug, you can not pick up grenades or AR2 energy balls. Also, haven't noticed the other bugs I had before again, seems like that got fixed somehow.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2008, 12:20:23 PM »
Another bug, you can not pick up grenades or AR2 energy balls.

Fixed in rev. 35.

Offline Patrik

« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2008, 01:02:40 PM »
So, I were playing on my server when it suddenly came this huge lag spike, some people lost connection, right after that another lag spike came, not as big as the first one though, and I think at least the 2nd one was by UPS.
Pic:

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2008, 01:40:19 PM »
Patrik, that error should be theoretically impossible to get to... but I added a check anyways. Something should be seriously broken if it can get that.

Also in rev. 36, something of great interest to most all UPS users:
Moved from networked ints to our own system. Will update nearly immediately due to this fact. The implementation is rough at this point but should work 100%, just not very optimized.

This means that you won't wait two minutes after joining to start getting owner info on the client. Yay! Let me know if there's any bugs with this change, as it's quite a fundamental change. It will also be improving over the next several commits when I get more time.

Offline Patrik

« Reply #84 on: June 15, 2008, 02:47:29 PM »
I'll tell you if I get it again.

Offline Patrik

« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2008, 07:44:56 AM »
Ok, I have not got that error again, might have been a sloppy restart / updating without restart...
However, I still can't clean up peoples props by using the admin buttons, it said Patrik Swedman cleaned up MingeBags props but they doesn't get removed.
Another thing, one of my admins props didn't belong to him when he spawned them, they belonged to the world :S

EDIT:

Ok, every time I restart the map the UPS won't load, so every time I want to change map I have to make a full restart, and I have not updated it or anything this time :S
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 07:48:14 AM by Patrik »

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2008, 09:06:32 AM »
Try removing all other mods temporarily so you can be sure it's not a conflict causing your problems.

Offline Patrik

« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2008, 10:15:53 AM »
Ok, it was conflict problems, I removed all addons except ULib and UPS and everything workes 100%. Now comes the hard thing, finding which one that is causing the problems...

Offline Patrik

« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2008, 11:04:55 AM »
Ok, I think I found a bug. This time I were only running ULib, UPS, and Wire (+ adv dup). A guy joined, spammed some rope, then left and the rope never got cleaned up.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #89 on: June 16, 2008, 11:47:54 AM »
Rope isn't grabbed by any protector, ever. Not even garry's crap does anything with ropes. I've never really thought about the 'why' of this. It's a good point though. I'll see if I can't watch rope spawns.

So rehash: Not a bug, ropes are never handled by anything (even other addons).