Author Topic: ulx rcon autocomplete  (Read 2602 times)

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
ulx rcon autocomplete
« on: June 08, 2008, 05:57:09 AM »
For those with "ulx rcon" access who prefer to use console, I believe adding in autocomplete for rcon commands would be cool.
Example, when I go to console and type "sbox_", a list of the sbox limits attempts to start completing depending on what else I type.
However, when I go to console and type "ulx rcon sbox_", I have to remember the name of the limit.

Is there a way to add in/search the table of convars?
Even if there isn't a way to grab ALL the convars of a server, at least add in what ULX already controls in it's menus, and perhaps some other commonly used ones.
(As for how to determine common, no idea... perhaps a table in a config somewhere could be used)

"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Chironex

• Formerly known as Kyzer
Re: ulx rcon autocomplete
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 12:28:42 PM »
I believe it's the third topic you made about that :) Hmm well, i have no idea how to do that. Iirc i suggested you something about finding a way to output a "cvarlist sbox_" into a file on the server and read it with Lua. Then you can create a table of existing convars...

I also never used ulx rcon (i don't know what are the difference between the normal rcon), and i believe normal rcon doesn't autocomplete too (ex: "rcon sbox_" doesn't autocomplete)

The real question is: do you really need it? lol

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: ulx rcon autocomplete
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 12:43:29 PM »
Need it? Absolutely (not)!
:D

I've only posted asking how others might be done in dev corner.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming