ULX

Author Topic: "JamminRs" Longer help response time  (Read 3213 times)

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
"JamminRs" Longer help response time
« on: August 17, 2006, 07:02:26 PM »
Bah!
 Hello fellow ULX users and friends.
I know some of you are impatient about getting support for your problems.
*JamminR smiles wickedly at FeestBijtje*

I discovered today that this forum has been added to the WebSense filter at work.
Before you all say 'but there's 84394389483202340138431^24 ways around one of those", save your breath, don't.
I already know. I also know the consequences, and considering I have been with my company several years, have one of the most decent 'working for someone else' salaries I've personally ever had, and the pc user policy at work considers posting to forums an offense worthy of termination, I'm not about to dare try avoiding the filter..

Timing for the filter is actually not bad. Projects at work have taken what little time I have to assist here while at work anyway.
(Projects at home have taken most home time lately, but those are a much nicer project of the marriage variety)

So please be patient with your help requests.
 Besides, you all should start helping each other. You'll never learn ULX/Ulib and Lua otherwise.

:)

« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 07:06:19 PM by JamminR »
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Golden-Death

• Honored Lua Scripter
    • BlueFire
Re: "JamminRs" Longer help response time
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 04:38:01 PM »
Mm, I'd come back but (no offense to you) after Megiddo made you a mod, I just had to nod my head and walk off yet again. I've known him for 2 years or so now and he still doesn't trust me with much, despite helping and supporting him through all his projects. The fact that he just suddenly went off for a month without saying anything to me and telling me of his decision to put some one else in charge of the forums was yet another, ah what am I complaining for, I really don't care anymore, but any projects I get involved in always end up in some way like this, I just don't want to bother anymore. He did put the forums in capable hands, so its all fine for ulysses.

And no megiddo, dont IM me telling me how im overracting and that it's always my fault that I end up getting the short end of the stick in projects, I've had that discussion too many times with you, no offense.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 05:45:16 PM »
Golden-Death,
 I wondered why you were so quiet as of late, and wondered if the quick decision Megiddo had made had caused your recent silence.
 I now know my hunch was correct.
 For whatever reason(s) Megiddo didn't ask you to be mod, please be assured I never intended to step on your or anyone elses toes.
 I'm sure he appreciates any help you give. I know I do, especially now that my breaks at work can't be spent here.
 You've contributed some nice scripting, and helped me with some development questions I myself had.
 I hope you contribute again in the future for Ulx v2+.
If not for Megiddo because you're upset with him, then at least for yourself and the joy lua scripting brings, and also the rest of us who use ULX.

Then again, when gmod 10 is released, perhaps for ULX version whatever is compatible with gmod 10. :)
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Golden-Death

• Honored Lua Scripter
    • BlueFire
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 09:09:03 PM »
I might convert some of my scripts but with marching band now taking up every single second of my mondays, tuesdays, thursdays and saturdays im short on time.