Author Topic: Help  (Read 2894 times)

Offline Jarviar

Help
« on: May 31, 2008, 11:09:29 AM »
Srry but ive tried almost everything but when i host a lan game my brother isn't an admin PLEASE HELP!!!
I've tried adding his steam id to the regualor users.txt ive tried changine the steam id to the lan thing didnt work for my sake please help.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 11:22:06 AM by Megiddo »

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
Help
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 11:15:47 AM »
Well, since you didn't explain the problem very much we can't really help you. Pleas Read http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,383.0.html before posting again, and vulgarity is not necessary, it will only make people not feel like helping you.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 11:22:25 AM by Megiddo »
An error only becomes a mistake when you refuse to correct it. --JFK

"And thus the downfall of the great ULX dynasty was wrought not by another dynasty, but the slow and steady deterioration of the leaders themselves, followed by the deprecation of the great knowledge they possessed." -Gmod, Chapter 28, verse 34 -- Stickly

Offline Jarviar

Help
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 11:18:02 AM »
Simply ive done everything for almost all gmod sights includeing adding him to the users.txt and hes not an admin and he cant spawn multiple props at a time cant spawn admin on SWEPS/Entities and so forth.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 11:22:37 AM by Megiddo »

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
Re: Help
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 11:34:42 AM »
PLEASE note: The following post is for ULib v2+ and ULXv3+.

FOLLOW EVERY STEP HERE EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE IT

1. Read the readme.

The readme contains lots of valuable information that you really don't want to miss out on.

2. Read http://wiki.garrysmod.com/wiki/?title=Player_Groups

It contains a tutorial telling you how to add yourself to the access list, follow it.

3. Double check that you put your steamid in correctly. (If you're using steamid)

A lot of people accidently leave a number off of their steamid, ALWAYS DOUBLE CHECK.

Again, DO NOT skip this step. We get too many threads with this problem!

4. Still can't get it to work?

If you still can't get it to work, make a thread in help and support with ALL of the following information:

A detailed description of your symptoms.

And most importantly, while the user experiencing access trouble is connected to the server, enter this command at the server console and paste the output into the thread. Please note that it will output to a file, not to console!
Code:

ulx debuginfo

Don't bother making a thread unless you have all of this information, you'll probably be ignored

Please read this time.

"And thus the downfall of the great ULX dynasty was wrought not by another dynasty, but the slow and steady deterioration of the leaders themselves, followed by the deprecation of the great knowledge they possessed." -Gmod, Chapter 28, verse 34 -- Stickly

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 01:06:31 PM »
Better yet, follow it's directions, not just read it. :D
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Jarviar

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 01:57:05 PM »
I did and that didnt work but i reinstalled ULX ULIB and such set the users.txt file agen typed users into console and it finally worked.
Thanks for help.  That topic did teach me some useful stuff.

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 02:38:50 PM »
Ok, until you read and follow directions we can not assist you. I will be nice enough to post these directions this last time, but if you do not follow them I will not attempt to help you. READ THEM FULLY.

PLEASE note: The following post is for ULib v2+ and ULXv3+.

FOLLOW EVERY STEP HERE EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE IT

1. Read the readme.

The readme contains lots of valuable information that you really don't want to miss out on.

2. Read http://wiki.garrysmod.com/wiki/?title=Player_Groups

It contains a tutorial telling you how to add yourself to the access list, follow it.

3. Double check that you put your steamid in correctly. (If you're using steamid)

A lot of people accidently leave a number off of their steamid, ALWAYS DOUBLE CHECK.

Again, DO NOT skip this step. We get too many threads with this problem!

4. Still can't get it to work?

If you still can't get it to work, make a thread in help and support with ALL of the following information:

A detailed description of your symptoms.

And most importantly, while the user experiencing access trouble is connected to the server, enter this command at the server console and paste the output into the thread. Please note that it will output to a file, not to console!
Code:

ulx debuginfo

Don't bother making a thread unless you have all of this information, you'll probably be ignored

And here's your hint.

ulx debuginfo

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 05:04:42 PM »
<clip> it finally worked.<clip>
Thanks for help.  That topic did teach me some useful stuff.

Jay, he got it.
Though he never got to our embedded lie detector test, something else apparently helped.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming