Author Topic: ASpam  (Read 73030 times)

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
Re: ASpam
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2008, 12:56:24 PM »
Dang, did you add any new addons between the time it was working and wasn't?
An error only becomes a mistake when you refuse to correct it. --JFK

"And thus the downfall of the great ULX dynasty was wrought not by another dynasty, but the slow and steady deterioration of the leaders themselves, followed by the deprecation of the great knowledge they possessed." -Gmod, Chapter 28, verse 34 -- Stickly

Offline Smoot178

« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2008, 11:23:50 PM »
Dang, did you add any new addons between the time it was working and wasn't?

Let's retrace our steps.

The promotions were working in the beginning.  That's a clean aspam install.  The only problems I had was the fact that it "promoted" moderators, admins, and superadmins as if they were users to the second ranking group.

Your fixes for this have made the whole thing not work at all.

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2008, 10:20:08 AM »
that is strange, since the only changes we made was to the table itself =/

"And thus the downfall of the great ULX dynasty was wrought not by another dynasty, but the slow and steady deterioration of the leaders themselves, followed by the deprecation of the great knowledge they possessed." -Gmod, Chapter 28, verse 34 -- Stickly

Offline Smoot178

« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2008, 03:07:52 PM »
that is strange, since the only changes we made was to the table itself =/

Could you give me a fresh version of the script that will filter out admins superadmins and moderators?

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2008, 04:06:55 PM »
I added an option "None" to the promote_to table. This should work.

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2008, 06:27:59 PM »
V1.9
     - Promotions are no longer supported by this script, I will be making a better version soon!

New Dowloads posted.

Offline nofear1999

« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2008, 07:02:57 PM »
Looks like a pile of awesome. I'll try her out! :)
:\ May be a him :o anyways NIce work as usual jay :)

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2008, 07:11:37 PM »
Thank you!

Offline nofear1999

« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2008, 08:08:05 PM »
I added it onto my server im testing it out right now ;)

Offline Smoot178

« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2008, 06:51:41 AM »
V1.9
     - Promotions are no longer supported by this script, I will be making a better version soon!

New Dowloads posted.

Nooooooooooo.  It works now btw.  LOL.  I will still get the new promotions system! 

Could I make a suggestion?
I would like some sort of ingame GUI where I can check the status of each player and the different promotional groups. 

Also, you should be able to set the time it takes to promote from one group to another.  Say User -> Respected takes 5 hours and Respected -> Regular takes 17 hours.  You should also be able to change this on the fly ingame using the menu :P

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2008, 07:52:06 AM »
Suggestions noted, and as for the way the users were promoted previously; the were promoted by this formula:

time = time - (warning * penalty )
time > (interval * (#goups_to_promote - (#groups_to_promote + 1)))

I'm too tired to think too much right now, but I'm pretty sure that's how it's coded.

Offline Chief_runningwater

• Fpsbanana User
    • Chiefrunningwater.com
« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2008, 11:31:38 AM »
Is there any way of disabling the promotion thing I don't want people being promoted and I don't know lua at all...

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2008, 12:12:51 PM »
V1.9

New Dowloads posted.

The Promotions have been removed, just if you have ASpam previously installed delete the original ASpam folder, and replace with v1.9

Gunner71

« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2008, 06:54:09 PM »
instead of kicking people who spawn an adv dup over 10 seconds, why not just delete the dup they were spawning and give them a warning message? like "Please do not spawn dups that large."

Also can you add stacker support like if they try to stack over 10 props it will add a warning level and give them a warning

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2008, 07:24:17 PM »
instead of kicking people who spawn an adv dup over 10 seconds, why not just delete the dup they were spawning and give them a warning message? like "Please do not spawn dups that large."
     -This would require a re-work of the entire code, and atm I'm working on a few more releases.
Also can you add stacker support like if they try to stack over 10 props it will add a warning level and give them a warning
     -I've thought about this, but it is also another thing that would require alot of change to the existing code to get it working.