ULX

Author Topic: Anti-Stool Relased [ULXTool]  (Read 9397 times)

Offline RecoX

• Hey, Yea im not the best at lua but im lerning
Anti-Stool Relased [ULXTool]
« on: July 12, 2008, 04:19:50 AM »
WARNING!: If you have ASpam installed You must update it to latest !

New Name: ULX Anti-Stool
Version: 1.1.2
Author: Reco / With Help from Jay209015
Purpose:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------This Module will stop normal users from using a certen tool EG; Anti-NoClip Stool will be restirected to Allowed list and admins
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How To Install:
-----------------------------------------------------------
Simply drop the lua file in your lua/autorun-
-----------------------------------------------------------

How to add users:

Open up garrysmod/data/antistool_palyers.txt and add the steam ids that you want.

Download--------------------
 http://dev-solution.org/resources/gmod/addons/ULX Anti-Stool.zip
-------------------------------
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 04:46:44 AM by RecoX »

Reco Will Allways Help!

Offline Chironex

• Formerly known as Kyzer
Re: Anti-Stool Relased [ULXTool]
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 06:06:18 AM »
Your link isn't working, here is the working one: http://dev-solution.org/resources/gmod/addons/ULX_Anti-Stool.zip :)

About the script:

No offense but i just don't understand why you did so complicated! I mean, why calling functions like table.HasValue or string.find(), or for() loops..you don't need them in this script. Also, ply:IsAdmin() return true if the player is superadmin, so you don't need to use ply:IsSuperadmin()...think about making efficient code ;)

I also don't understand why you UpdateAllowedPlayers() at PlayerSpawn, don't you think it should be better with a console command for admins?
Well you need 2 commands:
"antistool_restrict_tool <toolname>" which will add <toolname> in AStool_Table["Tools"], and save AStool_Table in the file.
"antistool_allow_player <steamid>" which will add <steamid> in AStool_Table["Players"], and save AStool_Table in the file.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 06:35:40 AM by Kyzer »

Offline RecoX

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 06:30:23 AM »
Thanks

Reco Will Allways Help!

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 07:17:06 AM »
Neato! :)
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline RecoX

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 08:58:34 AM »
Ty! :)

Reco Will Allways Help!

Offline RecoX

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 09:02:13 AM »
But i have to say this wouldn't of been finished if it wasent for Jay

Reco Will Allways Help!

Offline RecoX

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 09:04:37 AM »
Your link isn't working, here is the working one: http://dev-solution.org/resources/gmod/addons/ULX_Anti-Stool.zip :)

About the script:

No offense but i just don't understand why you did so complicated! I mean, why calling functions like table.HasValue or string.find(), or for() loops..you don't need them in this script. Also, ply:IsAdmin() return true if the player is superadmin, so you don't need to use ply:IsSuperadmin()...think about making efficient code ;)

I also don't understand why you UpdateAllowedPlayers() at PlayerSpawn, don't you think it should be better with a console command for admins?
Well you need 2 commands:
"antistool_restrict_tool <toolname>" which will add <toolname> in AStool_Table["Tools"], and save AStool_Table in the file.
"antistool_allow_player <steamid>" which will add <steamid> in AStool_Table["Players"], and save AStool_Table in the file.

Well not being offecneive but Read under my name i will add console commands in the next verison and make it less complcated

Reco Will Allways Help!

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2008, 09:34:01 AM »
Please avoid the triple posts... :-/
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline Element01

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 10:30:41 AM »
This is an awesum mod  ;D It is great to protect your server from people who might use some tools to crash the server. It also helps you to create incentives for people to sign up as a VIP or whatever on you server, by restricting some special tools to the masses. Unfortunataly I have tried and failed to restrict extra tools  :'( I heard you might be making a video on how to do this? Don't suppose you could help me out, I need to restrict tools like smart-weld, smart constraint, bouyancy etc. Cheers

http://www.legendsquad.co.uk/

Offline igiz

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2009, 04:57:03 PM »
So anyone have any idea so far how to add people to list who can use the tools as it seems not to be working.