ULX

Author Topic: reloading users.txt  (Read 2865 times)

Offline DevoiD

reloading users.txt
« on: September 15, 2008, 07:56:53 PM »
I would like a command to reload users.txt.

Right now I've got a windows scheduled task that periodically uses wget to download a fresh version of users.txt from our in-house admin/ban system (Think SourceBans but a lot more primative) this allows the admins to stay in sync across all of our servers, but the admins only update when the server crashes or is restarted and the users.txt file is re-read.

I would love to be able to get ulx to re-read this file periodically or re-load the entire plugin if necessary to load this file.

I searched the forum and the faq and could not find anything like this. Currently I have the "if the server is empty for a while restart it" script running that I found in another thread, which is handy for this, but still I would like something that can keep it updated whilst players are in game.

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
Re: reloading users.txt
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 08:59:01 PM »
wait, this shouldn't require a restart or crash, because user groups are updated when ever a player respawns or fully when a player rejoins. So my solution would be: have the script that syncs all the admins to be ran every so often. I could be way off though.
An error only becomes a mistake when you refuse to correct it. --JFK

"And thus the downfall of the great ULX dynasty was wrought not by another dynasty, but the slow and steady deterioration of the leaders themselves, followed by the deprecation of the great knowledge they possessed." -Gmod, Chapter 28, verse 34 -- Stickly

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Re: reloading users.txt
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 09:18:59 PM »
My solution would be to use an SQL DB. It's what we're doing... you can find the details in a thread somewhere on the forums.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.