Author Topic: sui_scoreboard with UTime and Steam Avatars  (Read 111632 times)

Offline sal101

Re: sui_scoreboard with UTime and Steam Avatars
« Reply #135 on: March 07, 2013, 03:00:28 PM »
Hmm, looks really nice! Would this be able to work with death run perhaps?

Offline TweaK

• Garry's Mod Engineers
« Reply #136 on: March 10, 2013, 11:53:23 PM »
I haven't tested it on any gamemode other than sandbox, but if ulx ulib and utime all work then I don't see any reason this wouldn't.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #137 on: March 11, 2013, 02:27:54 PM »
Don't most gamemodes have their own scoreboard?
I've seen people complain in the original re-release we did of sui_scoreboard years back that this would pop up above or under some custom gamemode scoreboards.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline TweaK

• Garry's Mod Engineers
« Reply #138 on: March 19, 2013, 03:12:03 PM »
Changed the rating icons to use builtin pngs so the material files are not needed anymore. Here's the link again https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7934790/gmod/sui_scoreboard.zip

Thinking about making it so that it works with or without utime... would anyone have a use for that?

Offline jad_own_u

« Reply #139 on: March 25, 2013, 10:45:51 AM »
Code: [Select]
[ERROR] addons/sui_scoreboard/lua/sui_scoreboard/player_infocard.lua:124: attempt to call method 'GetCount' (a nil value)
  1. UpdatePlayerData - addons/sui_scoreboard/lua/sui_scoreboard/player_infocard.lua:124
   2. SetPlayer - addons/sui_scoreboard/lua/sui_scoreboard/player_infocard.lua:107
    3. SetPlayer - addons/sui_scoreboard/lua/sui_scoreboard/player_row.lua:91
     4. AddPlayerRow - addons/sui_scoreboard/lua/sui_scoreboard/scoreboard.lua:94
      5. UpdateScoreboard - addons/sui_scoreboard/lua/sui_scoreboard/scoreboard.lua:269
       6. Init - addons/sui_scoreboard/lua/sui_scoreboard/scoreboard.lua:62
        7. Create - lua/includes/extensions/client/panel/scriptedpanels.lua:153
         8. CreateScoreboard - addons/sui_scoreboard/lua/autorun/sui_scoreboard.lua:33
          9. unknown - addons/sui_scoreboard/lua/autorun/sui_scoreboard.lua:40

[ERROR] addons/sui_scoreboard/lua/sui_scoreboard/scoreboard.lua:234: attempt to index field 'lblPing' (a nil value)
  1. unknown - addons/sui_scoreboard/lua/sui_scoreboard/scoreboard.lua:234

[ERROR] addons/sui_scoreboard/lua/sui_scoreboard/scoreboard.lua:202: attempt to index field 'lblPing' (a nil value)
  1. unknown - addons/sui_scoreboard/lua/sui_scoreboard/scoreboard.lua:202

[ERROR] addons/sui_scoreboard/lua/sui_scoreboard/scoreboard.lua:202: attempt to index field 'lblPing' (a nil value)
  1. unknown - addons/sui_scoreboard/lua/sui_scoreboard/scoreboard.lua:202

I get them errors any advise please?

Offline TweaK

• Garry's Mod Engineers
« Reply #140 on: March 25, 2013, 05:02:08 PM »
I'm not sure why that would be happening... does it still happen with only the scoreboard, ulx, ulib, and utime installed?

Offline zaccat

« Reply #141 on: April 06, 2013, 02:10:33 AM »
Well i have installed UTeam and on the section in the scoreboared saying teams it says unassigned and i have tryed looking on this forums everywhere to fix it and i cant find a answer so could you please help

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #142 on: April 06, 2013, 08:53:08 AM »
You don't 'install' Uteam anymore.
ULX comes with UTeam.
You go into XGUI and adjust team colors to match what groups you want.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Ch1lly

« Reply #143 on: April 14, 2013, 08:37:54 AM »
Hi Tweak,

I've just turned off FAdmin and added Utime and your sui scoreboard. It works, but then for some reason mid-session the scoreboard will switch back to the sandbox one. I'm not sure if a specific action is causing this though, any ideas? Thanks.

Offline TweaK

• Garry's Mod Engineers
« Reply #144 on: April 14, 2013, 08:57:06 AM »
I haven't used the scoreboard on any gamemode other than sandbox so I'm not sure. Are you getting any Lua errors?

Offline Ch1lly

« Reply #145 on: April 14, 2013, 10:50:42 AM »
It's just happened mid-game. The only thing I can think of is that I updated the a lua file with the server was running. No errors at all...

Offline TweaK

• Garry's Mod Engineers
« Reply #146 on: April 15, 2013, 12:27:20 AM »
Yeah... unfortunately there's not really anything I can do if you can't find some way to reproduce the problem.

Offline Ch1lly

« Reply #147 on: April 15, 2013, 08:26:43 AM »
Pretty sure this happens when I update a file when the server is running, which I guess can be avoided easily once it's complete.

Another question though, is there a way to remove the buttons that give people points (eg the 'GAY!' etc)?

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #148 on: April 15, 2013, 02:12:41 PM »
Pretty sure this happens when I update a file when the server is running
Though Garry added features to 'reload' code while a server is running, ULib isn't designed (and therefore, any project relying on it (UTime, ULX, etc)) to be refreshed mid-stream.
I'm reasonably sure Megiddo has probably looked into doing it, but I'm also reasonably sure redevelopment time vs benefit is extremely proportional to not worthy the limited time Megiddo has, even with the full team's help (which, we're all limited in ways too. I know my RealLife time takes more than here over the past few years)

Offline Ch1lly

« Reply #149 on: April 15, 2013, 10:15:47 PM »
Though Garry added features to 'reload' code while a server is running, ULib isn't designed (and therefore, any project relying on it (UTime, ULX, etc)) to be refreshed mid-stream.
I'm reasonably sure Megiddo has probably looked into doing it, but I'm also reasonably sure redevelopment time vs benefit is extremely proportional to not worthy the limited time Megiddo has, even with the full team's help (which, we're all limited in ways too. I know my RealLife time takes more than here over the past few years)

Thanks for the info Jammin.

Does anyone else know if you can remove the 'points system' on the sui_scoreboard?