22 (18.5%)
I Don't Care, I Use The Console
14 (11.8%)
No
4 (3.4%)
I Prefer The Old GUI
8 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Author Topic: URestrict [Depreciated-author no longer supports]  (Read 472415 times)

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: URestrict
« Reply #480 on: December 02, 2009, 04:17:22 PM »
can i use it with ulx 3.40 :D`?
     - URestrict require the latest SVN version of ULib. Get that and your problems are solved.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #481 on: December 02, 2009, 08:55:24 PM »
Ok thanks ive updated it but now i get this
Code: [Select]
] urestrict
You Don't Have Access To This Command
     - Are you admin/superadmin on your server?
     - If so, delete your registered_misc.txt located in your data/ULib folder and reboot the server.
An error only becomes a mistake when you refuse to correct it. --JFK

"And thus the downfall of the great ULX dynasty was wrought not by another dynasty, but the slow and steady deterioration of the leaders themselves, followed by the deprecation of the great knowledge they possessed." -Gmod, Chapter 28, verse 34 -- Stickly

Offline Simple

« Reply #482 on: December 04, 2009, 08:05:20 AM »
Hi Jay.

Is URestirct ever going to made so that it works with gamemodes such as DarkRP. Because at the moment the only real admin mod that works with DarkRP and allows tool restriction is ASSmod :(

Thanx

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #483 on: December 04, 2009, 09:46:58 PM »
Honestly, probably not. I could make a small script to restrict tools and tools only, but I'm not going to go in depth with it because DarkRP is a very poorly coded gamemode all the way around.

"And thus the downfall of the great ULX dynasty was wrought not by another dynasty, but the slow and steady deterioration of the leaders themselves, followed by the deprecation of the great knowledge they possessed." -Gmod, Chapter 28, verse 34 -- Stickly

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #484 on: December 04, 2009, 11:05:14 PM »
DarkRP is a very poorly coded gamemode

That's it in a nutshell.
Any decent gamemode author should write it's own restrictions for <tools><weapons><sents> <whatever else shouldn't be used in the gamemode.
URestrict was meant for Sandbox, because Sandbox in itself only allows little control of the weapons, tools and sents
Gamemodes have easy commands to control such behaviors. No version of DarkRP ever hacked, because the base was poor to begin with, ever included proper controls for Sandbox based items use.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline tassieboy

« Reply #485 on: December 10, 2009, 02:20:12 AM »
darn it  i realy need this for my server  but i cant because of my ulib

i cant manage to remove my currant ulib and get the svn one to work (tried yesterday and it screwed up my ulx and my uteam only just finished sorting it all out again . the reason being

making it hard to do the svn is because i am hoasting the server i have to svn the files on my pc then upload them to the server and its alot of mucking around  every time there is a tiny update 

if only this worked with out the ulib  svn  i would be set

any thorts guys is there another easy way to restrict tools/weps with out lua because i dont have the first clue about lua

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #486 on: December 10, 2009, 03:39:00 AM »
No, about 90% of everything in Garrys Mod is lua based. There is no other way besides lua to control sweps and tools. I suggest if you want to run a server you learn lua or have someone who knows lua in your community help you. That is, of course, unless you just want to run things out of the box.. in which case you won't be able to customize anything outside of what little customization the lua scripters write into their scripts.

Offline tassieboy

« Reply #487 on: December 10, 2009, 12:51:47 PM »
and i think we all know what happens when you leave guns on in Gmod  the server goes  to $#!% because its over run with 9 and 10 yo minge bags 

well im all about building in a nice quite server with no minges  and a few good friends

the main thing that pisses me off atm is the ppl that run around with the gun shooting at ppl just to make the noise from the gun because they know the gun dose nothing cause global god mode is on.

so if any one could link to me to a good  guide on removing standard ulib and installing  the svn ulib    (other topics are not a guide they are scatted info)

Offline tassieboy

« Reply #488 on: December 11, 2009, 01:34:23 AM »
would you be able to add a full list of URestrict commands to the first post   as well as a guide on how to add more tools to be restricted it would be really handy.

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #489 on: December 12, 2009, 04:57:05 PM »
It is all listed in the main post with instructions as well.

Offline Drakehawke

• Serious Roleplaying Hell
« Reply #490 on: December 13, 2009, 11:07:59 AM »
That's it in a nutshell.
Any decent gamemode author should write it's own restrictions for <tools><weapons><sents> <whatever else shouldn't be used in the gamemode.
URestrict was meant for Sandbox, because Sandbox in itself only allows little control of the weapons, tools and sents
Gamemodes have easy commands to control such behaviors. No version of DarkRP ever hacked, because the base was poor to begin with, ever included proper controls for Sandbox based items use.

As of recently after my last post here asking for URestrict/DarkRP help, after much pestering of the coder, there is now a fully working DarkRP tool restriction system.

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #491 on: December 13, 2009, 11:17:32 AM »
You have a link for it?

Offline Drakehawke

• Serious Roleplaying Hell

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #493 on: December 13, 2009, 12:55:46 PM »
Brr. Satan sure is cold right now.

Offline joe_sandwich

« Reply #494 on: December 20, 2009, 09:27:15 AM »
For some reason urestric won't work on my server.

When i add urestrict to the server nobody can spawn anything or  use weapons(including physgun)

Along with that it disables ULX

The most likely causes I found in console are:

[ULIB] Loading SHARED module: urestrict.lua
ULib/modules/urestrict.lua:267: attempt to index field 'cmds' (a nil value)

ulx/modules/sh/chat.lua:22: attempt to call field 'command' (a nil value)
ulx/modules/sh/fun.lua:9: attempt to call field 'command' (a nil value)
ulx/modules/sh/menus.lua:11: attempt to call field 'command' (a nil value)
ulx/modules/sh/rcon.lua:9: attempt to call field 'command' (a nil value)
ulx/modules/sh/teleport.lua:89: attempt to call field 'command' (a nil value)
includes/modules/hook.lua:46: table index is nil
ulx/modules/sh/util.lua:17: attempt to call field 'command' (a nil value)
ulx/modules/sh/vote.lua:137: attempt to call field 'command' (a nil value)

And when i attempt to use urestrict or ulx it says:

] urestrict
Unknown command: urestrict
] ulx adduser
FCVAR_SERVER_CAN_EXECUTE prevented server running command: ulx
] ulx
FCVAR_SERVER_CAN_EXECUTE prevented server running command: ulx

I use ULX and Ulib SVN, and am sure that i am missing some simple solution. This is on a dedicated server too BTW