22 (18.5%)
I Don't Care, I Use The Console
14 (11.8%)
No
4 (3.4%)
I Prefer The Old GUI
8 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Author Topic: URestrict [Depreciated-author no longer supports]  (Read 469637 times)

Offline Hardy

Re: URestrict
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2009, 07:54:09 AM »
For some reason, my "owner" group displays like "Owner" and i can't disable/enable tools for it.(i added this group like "owner", not "Owner")

Offline Alex

« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2009, 08:52:42 AM »
Try adding caps to it.
:) Alex T. :)

Offline (-TA-)Thor

« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2009, 09:43:37 AM »
This happening to anyone else, It's working fine here. Plus I don't think the IsAdmin() function would be affected by any of the previous updates

The error didnt stop from updateing to ULX/Ulib SVN, i tryed reinstalling it too it wont work.

Offline Dv2236

• MyGamingVoid
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2009, 09:59:29 AM »
ok i'm using this addon again but i have all groups set to exclude under loadout for now.

all but the menu not loading everything the first time i bring the menu up, everything seems to be working right now that im using SPP on the server again instead of UPS for some reason.

when i have ups+urestrict some reason half the time props cant be picked up or even removed by owner player, and also at other random times the world owned ramps from stargate and even stargates them self can be claimed by players? and things on urestrict seem to just do strange things as well like allow ppl to use a tool and boom a few min later they cant us it again and when i look at the menu it says still allowed so i disallow and i get the message this tool is allowed now?? ok ya GG

Offline Dv2236

• MyGamingVoid
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2009, 02:01:18 PM »
I can see right now I'm going to be foced to make "user" group non exclude, even know I have server setup to spawn with only phzgun and stool gun to make it cleaner and use HL2weaponitem addon if people want any of the others

I have this one ASSHOLE joins the server everytime I unban him for what ever reason DUMB ME wont happen again.
name "TayG0 >:3"
steamid "STEAM_0:0:9398509"
he has joined the server a total of 2 times now, using the adv dupe to spawn a manhack gun and shotting it as fast as he can all over the map to try and crash it. well hes has only been able to slow it down big time so far before i got him but still, people like this mingbag just ruen the game for others.

dumb me, did I ever even thank you for this addon? well thank you jay209015, and who ever els works on it.

I so cant wait to see how bad ass this is if/when it comes out of beta!

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2009, 03:25:26 PM »
he has joined the server a total of 2 times now, using the adv dupe to spawn a manhack gun and shotting it as fast as he can all over the map to try and crash it. well hes has only been able to slow it down big time so far before i got him but still, people like this mingbag just ruen the game for others.
     - Update with svn, and this isn't possible for him to do anymore.
dumb me, did I ever even thank you for this addon? well thank you jay209015, and who ever els works on it.
     - You're very welcome, and I do plan on getting past beta soon, but I'm short on time.
An error only becomes a mistake when you refuse to correct it. --JFK

"And thus the downfall of the great ULX dynasty was wrought not by another dynasty, but the slow and steady deterioration of the leaders themselves, followed by the deprecation of the great knowledge they possessed." -Gmod, Chapter 28, verse 34 -- Stickly

Offline Hardy

« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2009, 08:58:22 PM »
Sometimes, from people with trusted loadout, dropping weapons(crowbar and pistol), minges can pick crowbar with physgun and start striking it to ground with "awesome" sound...

Offline Hardy

« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2009, 09:00:05 PM »
I can see right now I'm going to be foced to make "user" group non exclude, even know I have server setup to spawn with only phzgun and stool gun to make it cleaner and use HL2weaponitem addon if people want any of the others

I have this one ASSHOLE joins the server everytime I unban him for what ever reason DUMB ME wont happen again.
name "TayG0 >:3"
steamid "STEAM_0:0:9398509"

I so cant wait to see how bad ass this is if/when it comes out of beta!
It's adv. dupe bug, solution - disable upload function.

Offline Dv2236

• MyGamingVoid
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2009, 10:54:17 PM »
It's adv. dupe bug, solution - disable upload function.
You know what, I never even thought of that one :P i think I'm going to have to give it a try. Thanks

edit hello me again, how do you do that? or you talking about blocking people from uploading to the server its self and not just blocking them in the adv. dupe its self?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 11:32:31 PM by Dv2236 »

Offline Hardy

« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2009, 11:43:46 PM »
You know what, I never even thought of that one :P i think I'm going to have to give it a try. Thanks

edit hello me again, how do you do that? or you talking about blocking people from uploading to the server its self and not just blocking them in the adv. dupe its self?
I tell about completely disable uploading to server, for anyone.
You can do this in:
Adv Duplicator/lua/autorun/server/AdvDupe.lua in line #1106
Code: [Select]
local MaxUploadSize = 0 --per player. -1 disable, 0 no limit, >0 K characers allowed (K = 1024).  allows up to (MaxUploadLength - 1) charcters over this limit.,
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 11:45:33 PM by Hardy »

Offline Dv2236

• MyGamingVoid
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2009, 08:57:10 AM »
I went looking around last night before going to bed, sorry i forgot to edit my post :S but im kinda glade i did not.
I aslo found sv_allowupload 0 I have not had a tester yet though.

edit myway did not work BTW.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 06:24:47 PM by Dv2236 »

Offline Smoot178

« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2009, 06:41:48 AM »
I seem to be having some problems:

1. It did not autogenerate the .txt's after putting the groups in loadouts (I manually added them).
2. Unknown commands (see photo below)
3. Nothing is on the menu (see below)

Offline 123dan5

« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2009, 05:04:06 PM »
Thanks!, this is a handy little addon..  ;)

Offline tgp1994

• TGPServ
    • TGPServ Forums
« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2009, 07:10:54 PM »
Well, here's several suggestions I hope get considered:

First, can you make another tab to block certain groups from getting weapons? I know I put up a stink about this in another thread, asking for a GUI manager, but you already have the gui, all it would take would to add some extra lines of code.

Second, can you let us select what items to ban from a drop down menu box? I think that would just make everything else much more easier.

Offline LordGollum

« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2009, 12:35:25 PM »
I tried everything possible to get this working proplery on the new Gmod and it doesn't work. I get the console spam and nothing in menu as described by the post a few posts above.