ULX

Author Topic: .lua restricter....  (Read 3702 times)

Offline the_fool

.lua restricter....
« on: September 11, 2006, 02:24:28 PM »
i was wondering is it possible to add an .lua restricter function to ulx?so that u add the .lua directory into ulx and then the .lua would only be served to admins and non admin clients wouldnt get the .lua?if this could be done then no one would have to rely on programs admin functions they could just use the ulx .lua restricter.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Re: .lua restricter....
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 02:32:39 PM »
Lua scripts are already server side, clients do not receive them.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 03:14:31 PM »
Though, all clients get the functions that the lua provides, unless the lua has some access built in already.

I think he's wanting scripts with no UCL, or scripts that have UCL but not based on Ulib (ie, requires extra configuration), to be able to be in one folder, controlled by ULX.

His idea is sound, I personally would love to be able to throw a lua into a 'admin' folder of ulx, and only have admins be able to access whatever sweps/functions that lua provides.

Unfortunately, not everyone writes lua to only be accessed with the Ulib (or old ULX) users.ini.

:)

Great idea.
Not sure its possible, but awesome idea.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 03:29:26 PM »
It's possible... all you'd have to do is replace the concommand's in the lua script. I thought about making such a thing before, but I was worried I'd be hanged for interferring with other people's scripts... but with a folder...

Like your idea, should be a simple addon.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.