ULX

Author Topic: AutoPromote  (Read 105992 times)

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: AutoPromote
« Reply #105 on: August 20, 2010, 03:25:16 PM »
Try placing the two commented lines outside of the table.
In otherwords, take the
Code: [Select]
local blah = {
-- blah.
-- blah,
["#"] = "blah",
}
and make it look like
-- blah.
-- blah,
local blah = {
["#"] = "blah",
}

I'm not even sure the version from the original release post is working anymore.
There's been much discussion and two or three re-writes of the code, all I think within this thread, by different authors
The thread is a mess, but if you find the latest re-write, and convert to the latest way of storing the group tables, you may have better luck.
Look over the last 2-3 pages.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline lavacano201014

• Archbishop of Cristina Scabbia worship
« Reply #106 on: August 29, 2010, 06:27:18 PM »
I'm not sure which version of AutoPromote I have, but I do know mine works fine.

Should I zip it and attach it?
Circle reasoning works because circle reasoning works because...

Offline DeimosTK

« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2010, 01:04:51 AM »
I'm having the weirdest problem. I updated ULX, ULib and UTime to SVN, and now my AutoPromote is buggy; it seems to be ignoring the "excludes" section and treats every joining player as if this is their first session, working them back up the ranks as User, Player, Regular, etc at each tick. However, all ranks that aren't attained by hours played like Trusted and Admin aren't re-earned. But this isn't the weird problem.

The problem is that I tried simply removing AutoPromote temporarily so that my admins could at least retain their rank while I try to fix this. For some reason though, not having AutoPromote on my server causes players to instantly crash when they join. So now I have the choice of either having an empty server, or one with no admins.  :(
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 01:14:41 AM by DeimosTK »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #108 on: September 20, 2010, 04:06:38 PM »
Did you have you server shutdown when you removed the addon?
If using a downloadurl, did you update your cache to match the new cache on the server?
Errors in server console when starting your server? Errors in server console when players join?
Errors in player/client console when they join?

Too many things can go wrong...removing an addon won't cause problems unless something else relies on it (ULib), or peices of it still exist in different places (cache, etc)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 04:08:33 PM by JamminR »
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline DeimosTK

« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2010, 05:30:02 PM »
Did you have you server shutdown when you removed the addon?
If using a downloadurl, did you update your cache to match the new cache on the server?
Errors in server console when starting your server? Errors in server console when players join?
Errors in player/client console when they join?

Too many things can go wrong...removing an addon won't cause problems unless something else relies on it (ULib), or peices of it still exist in different places (cache, etc)

Yes, the server was down each time I tried removing the addon.
I tried both updating the fastDL's cache and disabling it completely, both yielded the crash on join.
No errors when starting the server nor when players try to join, aside from the crash.

My Sandbox server is working fine, so I copy/pasted the UTime and AutoPromote addons from there and into my DarkRP server, where the problem is. It's still happening though, so I'm pretty mystified.

EDIT: However, when an admin joins the server, they use up one of the admin-only reserved slots. It's like the server recognizes them as an admin when they first join, but then AutoPromote demotes them back down.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 05:39:27 PM by DeimosTK »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2010, 05:47:40 PM »
UTime is now incorporated into SVN of ULX.
May be some issues there. I'm not familiar enough with Autopromote (never used it, and, too many versions among these pages) to even consider why removing it would cause a player to crash. I'm still guessing some cache issue. Just my guess.

Offline DeimosTK

« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2010, 08:40:16 PM »
May be some issues there. I'm not familiar enough with Autopromote (never used it, and, too many versions among these pages) to even consider why removing it would cause a player to crash. I'm still guessing some cache issue. Just my guess.

You were right, I cleaned out the server's cache after deleting AutoPromote and players no longer crash. Now I'm getting an error that may lead to diagnosing the rank reset problem:

[@ulib\shared\sh_ucl.lua:51] [ULIB] Unauthed player

This happens whenever a player joins, and it always resets their access back to User.

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
  • What even IS software anymore?
    • XGUI
« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2010, 08:48:04 PM »
As far as I know, the "Unauthed Player" issue has been more than extensively squashed by Megiddo a while ago. Are you absolutely positive that your server is running the latest SVNs of ULX/ULib? (Unless you're running the release version).

We've been having issues with users who are set up with servers (Xenon Servers, to be exact) that will "automatically" update the SVN for you.. except their script to update was broken and their users were getting stuck with an older version, thinking they had the latest.

Erm, don't you mean UTeam is now incorporated?  ???
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 08:49:50 PM by Stickly Man! »
Join our Team Ulysses community discord! https://discord.gg/gR4Uye6

Offline DeimosTK

« Reply #113 on: September 20, 2010, 09:20:12 PM »
As far as I know, the "Unauthed Player" issue has been more than extensively squashed by Megiddo a while ago. Are you absolutely positive that your server is running the latest SVNs of ULX/ULib? (Unless you're running the release version).

We've been having issues with users who are set up with servers (Xenon Servers, to be exact) that will "automatically" update the SVN for you.. except their script to update was broken and their users were getting stuck with an older version, thinking they had the latest.

Erm, don't you mean UTeam is now incorporated?  ???

It's entirely likely I simply have a corrupt file somewhere so I'm completely gutting ULX/ULib and reinstalling. I uploaded the SVN version to the server as I'd known about the host's auto-SVN reputation of not being totally reliable.

Actually, now that I think about it, the latest version of DarkRP introduced a more expansive administration system. Maybe there's some incompatibility there?

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
  • What even IS software anymore?
    • XGUI
« Reply #114 on: September 20, 2010, 09:34:54 PM »
Could be, haven't heard any complaints about it yet though. How new is this DarkRP version? If it's been a while then it might not be as likely, since I know we have quite a few users here using DarkRP. Let us know how your reinstall goes!
Join our Team Ulysses community discord! https://discord.gg/gR4Uye6

Offline DeimosTK

« Reply #115 on: September 20, 2010, 09:58:11 PM »
Could be, haven't heard any complaints about it yet though. How new is this DarkRP version? If it's been a while then it might not be as likely, since I know we have quite a few users here using DarkRP. Let us know how your reinstall goes!

Yep, the problem lies in the latest version of DarkRP. This 'FAdmin' system that was integrated has its own set of access requirements; anyone that doesn't have their access set in FAdmin gets reset to User every time they rejoin, completely ignoring ULX ranks.

Why do I continue hosting this trash. I do appreciate the help, JamminR and Stickly Man!

EDIT: It gets better. The highest level of access in FAdmin is root_user. Of course, being root_user means I no longer have access to ULX admin commands so to accomplish everything I need to, I'll have to juggle my rank back and forth.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 10:10:38 PM by DeimosTK »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #116 on: September 21, 2010, 05:08:21 PM »
Though I am of the normally strong opinion that gamemodes shouldn't require; yet another control system such as ULX and it's plethora of mods (UPPL/URestrict/UNolimited) to control access in them, it bothers me to see that a gamemode has totally abandoned the standard GLua groups of superadmin and admin.
Though ULX allows custom additions like many other mods, we attempt to keep it simple for the three standards, user, admin, superadmin, and use a custom check written in for inheritance.

Back on topic for this thread, perhaps, if you decide to continue to use DarkRP *cringe*, the current authors (of many previous it seems) have a plugin system for which to write a system such as autopromote.

Offline someone920

« Reply #117 on: December 12, 2010, 08:18:48 AM »
I think what's happening is Autopromote is still looking for the old UTeam files instead of using the new updated way of ULX.

Offline Botman

« Reply #118 on: January 02, 2011, 06:13:43 PM »
I think what's happening is Autopromote is still looking for the old UTeam files instead of using the new updated way of ULX.

This. I tried it on my server, which is fully up to date, and it doesn't recognise the ranks made by XGUI. Fairly annoying.

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #119 on: January 02, 2011, 06:22:10 PM »
AutoPromote does not in any way relate to UTeam.  It is not dependent upon UTeam.  You have to use the actual group names, not the ones you assign through UTeam.