ULX

Author Topic: ulx access  (Read 7470 times)

Offline Taithrah

Re: ulx access
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2009, 09:45:16 PM »
Seems like I end up with the odd things ;) looking at your file I see what you mean now Not to big of an issue as I just do this stuff for fun but might be good to figure out. Maybe I am not the only one with odd problems and someone will know the fix or like you said, Megiddo or anyone else?

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2009, 02:12:59 PM »
You said you had a server long ago.
Did you use ULX then?
If so, do you have any ULX or ULib folders in gmod\lua of your server?
Remove/Delete them if so.

I know you said fresh install, but is it truly fresh?
Did you copy any folders/maps from previous server?

I'd also question whether or not your server lua cache is downloading to your client locally.
That can break menus, but still allow ulx commands from the server to be run.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Taithrah

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2009, 03:02:47 PM »
Yeah its a whole new computer, truly a clean install. The older files are long gone.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2009, 05:21:24 PM »
Then it might be server=>client issues.
Have sv_downloads set to 1 on the server?

Though I have no idea why ULib isn't seeing you as superadmin, as I mentioned before, I'm confident I know a work around and am going to go ahead and tell what it is.
Not that it's any big secret, I had just hoped to figure out why ULib wasn't seeing you as superadmin from settings/users.txt
If you use rcon, or from server console, to use "ulx adduser Taithrah superadmin 1" , it will create the ULib users.txt group and add you as superadmin.
From there, ULib should see you as superadmin.

If not even _that_ works, theres something really wrong with your installation.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Taithrah

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2009, 12:43:10 AM »
yeah I had a slight idea of making the ulib user file that way, was just kinda on the same page as you. It does work that way as everything should. I still should do a clean install again just in case and see if it should happen again or go as supposed to with just settings/users.txt

Offline sleepyhead87

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2009, 10:18:49 AM »
Not to hijack the thread, but I seem to have a similar issue. I am told I am in the superadmin group, however I do not have any access whatsoever. I have tried using both the settings/users.txt and the adduser command, however, it does not work either way.

I first added myself to users.txt according to the gmod wiki. Upon connecting I was greeted with the welcome you're in our super-admin group message. However, when I tried to access a command, any at all, I'd get:
"You do not have access to this command, Sleepyhead87."

I then rampaged the forums, and came upon this thread. Upon reading it, I then blanked out my settings/users.txt and went into the console and used the command : "ulx adduser Sleepyhead87 superadmin 1"
This is what I got:

"] ulx menu
You do not have access to this command, Sleepyhead87.
[UCL] Access set.
(ADMIN) (Console) added user Sleepyhead87 to group "superadmin" with immunity
] ulx menu
You do not have access to this command, Sleepyhead87."

As you can see, I first tried ulx menu in my client console. Access denied.
I then went into the server console and added myself, then attempted the command once more. Access denied.

I am using the svn version, atm, however I have also tried the "stable build" with a fresh install (that means deleting my entire gmod folder on the server. I have a slight headache from this as I cannot figure out why it does this.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2009, 11:51:58 AM »
Try deleting data/ulib/groups.txt and data/ulib/misc_registered.txt and restart the server
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline sleepyhead87

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2009, 05:53:52 AM »
That worked. Thank you very much ;]