Author Topic: One last issue: Laser Pointer?  (Read 3170 times)

Offline Sleepy

One last issue: Laser Pointer?
« on: May 02, 2009, 12:20:13 PM »
I have ULX running, and  I have all my restrictions set. Players are allowed weapons, but the weapons are restricted so they can only have certain ones. One weapon I set to allow anyone is the Laser Pointer from wiremod, but whenever someone clicks to get the weapon, it instead spawns at their feet and they can not pick it up. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong here?

Offline Sleepy

Re: One last issue: Laser Pointer?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 12:53:07 PM »
And now I'm getting reports that although the advanced wire tool is fine, the wire tool is restricted even though it shouldn't be.

Offline Sleepy

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 02:57:53 PM »
Just curious if anyone else has had this problem, or knows how to fix it.

Offline Sleepy

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 03:14:13 PM »
Bump. still really need help figuring out what I did wrong here.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 05:36:33 PM »
1) If no one answers, it probably means no one that has read this knows the answer.
2) Your post is in the TOP 5 of the section you posted in... WHY BUMP? ? ? ? ? ? ?
 BUMPING IS NOT NECESSARY and WILL BE IGNORED (by me and most members of Team Ulysses)
3) This IS NOT Facepunch... the activity (people who visit/read) of this site is much slower. Expect to wait.
4) You haven't given enough detail. "ULX installed" - "something not working"
Next time, tell people what you're doing to block the other things that doesn't seem to be working for the laser pointer.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Sleepy

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 10:00:53 PM »
What more detail can you possibly need? When they click the button, they don't get the weapon, it drops to the ground. How more specific can I be? When it hits the ground, the handle of the gun hits first. Beyond that there's literally nothing more I can say.

If you're going to be rude, why post at all? OK so you're not the type to help me, that's fine, but there's no reason for you to act like we're in elementary school. I mean gosh Carol it's not the prom and I'm not asking you on a date. In fact sweetheart, I don't remember talking directly to you at all, so that means you're just going around complaining about your panties being to tight or that gosh darn bra being to big, even though your mommy said you looked like a you would be a c cup.

Oh well, if no one knows that's fine, but to come and insult someone over something so stupid or to yell at them, well I think you and I both know who is the idiot there, because I'm laughing when I play my GMod, you're apparently yelling.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 10:02:30 PM by Sleepy »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 06:52:14 PM »
Odd, I never mentioned the word idiot... yet, you said aloud exactly what I was thinking during third and fourth posts you made.
You're right.
Perhaps I am an idiot for even responding to you in the first place after bumping uselessly.
Maybe I should have just locked the thread, and even banned you.
No, wait, that is too Facepunch like.

However, for your information... you keep explaining the problem, repeatedly.
Yes... we know that you've set restrictions.
Yes, we know all work except for the Laser Pointer.
Yet, not once have you stated how your setting resrictions.
Are you using URestrict?
Are you using the ULX Tooldeny command?
Are you using something else?

Once answered above, what are you doing that works? What command?
Once you've specified what works, how are you specifying the (command/menu/option/whatever) that doesn't work?

You're basically saying "restriction doesn't work for laser pointer", but not telling anyone what "restriction" exactly is for you.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Sleepy

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 07:04:40 PM »
If I were using URestrict or ULX Tooldeny, I promise you with everything that is worth while I would have told you. Want me to also list off that I'm not using? I'm not using Spacebuild3, is that going to help? I love it when people expect you to list off all of the things you're not using. Assume that if I don't say that I am using it, that I'm not using them.  Since I don't know what the problem is, then I'm going to go ahead and list off all of the things I'm using, oh wait I did.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 08:26:32 PM »
So are you or are you not using ULX to set weapon restrictions?

Offline Sleepy

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 08:31:57 PM »
You know what... since I've answered all these questions in my initial post, I'm just uninstalling ULX.

Thanks for trying to help me, but I just don't like repeating myself.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009, 08:50:19 PM »
ULX has no default way of restricting weapons.
Though you might have additional scripts from somewhere else to restrict based on user group, I'm 98% sure they aren't included in ULX. (I've known Megiddo to add features to SVN that aren't logged, but, I don't find the word weapon used in any restrictive command searching our repository)

You said you weren't using tooldeny, which I believe Laser Pointer to be; so there lies the dilema of what you were using.
The only weapon related command ULX has out of the box is strip.. which strips all weapons.

Good luck in obtaining help with whatever it is you were truly using to restrict weapons.

[EDIT] - Previous weapon loadout discussion - again, no direct ULX involvement.
http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,3829.msg13331.html#msg13331
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 08:54:35 PM by JamminR »