Author Topic: Voting?  (Read 2108 times)

Andrew

Voting?
« on: September 30, 2006, 11:44:32 AM »
Sorry, im a ULX noob, but how do I get the options where all players can use the commands !votekick and !voteban
what text file must i edit, and what do i write in..? any help would be great, thanks!

PS: love ULX mod.  :D

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Voting?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 09:47:55 PM »
Be careful if you have lots of idiots join.
There is no code to prevent the amount of time/use if you allow all.

For ULX v2...
Find gmod9/lua/ulx/util.lua
 Open it with Wordpad (Notepad bunches lines together often)

For Votekick, find the line that says
Code: [Select]
ulx.CONCOMMAND( "votekick", ulx.cc_voteKick, "<user> - Gives the users a vote on whether or not to kick a player", ACCESS_VOTE, "!votekick" )
Change it to
ulx.CONCOMMAND( "votekick", ulx.cc_voteKick, "<user> - Gives the users a vote on whether or not to kick a player", ACCESS_ALL, "!votekick" )
For VoteKickBan
Find
ulx.CONCOMMAND( "votekickban", ulx.cc_voteKickBan, "<user> - Gives the users a vote on whether or not to kickban a player", ACCESS_VOTE, "!votekickban" )
Change it to
ulx.CONCOMMAND( "votekickban", ulx.cc_voteKickBan, "<user> - Gives the users a vote on whether or not to kickban a player", ACCESS_ALL, "!votekickban" )

Megiddo is currently working on code that will allow assignment of commands in a configuration file, so that the main files don't have to be edited like this, or anytime an upgrade overwrites the main files.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming