ULX

Author Topic: Starting a server with set spawnpoints for contraptions on a specific map  (Read 2871 times)

Offline EggNoggin

So...................

How would I go about starting up my server with specific contraptions i've made that have a specific spawnpoint on a specific map?

I would like to know because i've made an "admin building" complete with elevator and admin turret at the admin office (you have to have the passcode to get to the admin office, of course.   ::) ) and I would like it to be already on the map in the place I want it RIGHT when I restart the map and/or server.

Help Pl0ks   ;D

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
I've really never seen in all my Gmod years any addon that could do that.

That being said, I think you've just come up with a basis for one of the greatest suggestions for update to Advanced Duplicator in a long time.
Seems the basis to have a server side spawn of an advanced duplicator save file at startup of a specific map using specified co-ordinates shouldn't be too far out of reach for Advanced Dup.
It already has the co-ordinates and height stored in the save file... having a server side load of that file hopefully wouldn't be overly difficult to do.
Is SpaceTec still maintaining Advanced Duplicator? He'd be the one to ask.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline EggNoggin

Wow. Cool.

I PM'd him on facepunch, telling him the same thing.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
EggNoggin, not sure if you ever got a response from Spacetech going "What?? I didn't make Advanced dupe"
I got my mods mixed up. Spacetech was best known for SPP.
Tad2020 made advanced duplicator.
Sorry.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
Lol, way to lead him astray :P
An error only becomes a mistake when you refuse to correct it. --JFK

"And thus the downfall of the great ULX dynasty was wrought not by another dynasty, but the slow and steady deterioration of the leaders themselves, followed by the deprecation of the great knowledge they possessed." -Gmod, Chapter 28, verse 34 -- Stickly

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
Ha. We'll probably never see him again
"Those guys at ulysses are so dumb! It's there fault I didn't verify!"
:P

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
lol
An error only becomes a mistake when you refuse to correct it. --JFK

"And thus the downfall of the great ULX dynasty was wrought not by another dynasty, but the slow and steady deterioration of the leaders themselves, followed by the deprecation of the great knowledge they possessed." -Gmod, Chapter 28, verse 34 -- Stickly

Offline EggNoggin

Yeah, I pm'd tad too. He said he was too lazy to work it into version one, but it's planned for the next one.