ULX

Author Topic: !commands wont work  (Read 4183 times)

Offline Orangez

!commands wont work
« on: July 26, 2009, 08:00:47 AM »
Hey. I can use Commands on the console fine such as 'ulx freeze' etc but, i cant use the !commands
such as

!menu

it replys to me in the chat and console

Code: [Select]
Unknown command or unauthorised!
I am an admin though, if that is a problem as i can Freeze people and slay them and it says [ADMIN]Orange'z has frozen *Player*.

Also i was wondering how you mute all rather than just one person at a time. Thanks!

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: !commands wont work
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 10:51:20 AM »
Unknown command or unauthorised!

That specific message is not from ULX. (Unless you have a hacked-by-someone-else copy)
You have another mod that monitors chat commands that prevents all other text mods that might use "!" at the beginning of the text (like ULX) from working.
We can't fix that.
Stop using the other mod, or ask it's author to stop returning false when his/her commands aren't found.
I believe the worst ULX will do is say "Unknown command", then allow the rest of the text to pass to the next mod.

As for multiples for those commands that use it... 'ulx help' has listed at the top;
If a command can take multiple targets, it will usually let you use the keyword <ALL> or * (asterisk).
So;
ulx mute *
or
ulx mute <all>

"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Orangez

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 11:43:47 AM »
Ive got PCMod2 and NewAdmin which i suspect might be getting in the way.

Do any of them have a record of intreupting ulx?

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 12:10:34 PM »
Does NewAdmin also use '!' commands? If so, that's definitely the cause.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 12:15:41 PM »
Does NewAdmin also use '!' commands? If so, that's definitely the cause.
Megiddo, yes, it does. Badly.

@Orangeez;
NewAdmin is a definite problem. No idea of PCmod 2 (not heard of it blocking)
Overv blocks all other "!" text commands/all other mods within NewAdmin. He returns false if the ! text doesn't contain text of his commands.
Not only does his script block other chat commands, it has a timer that checks if his function has been broken, and puts it back if it has thereby breaking all other chat hooks even if they were the one to break his.
I've no idea if he ever fixed or allowed for changing of the chat prefix. Not sure where you got yours, or if it's the latest. I thought NewAdmin development had stopped; which I'm glad.

Side note; I never mind competition to ULX. I strongly dislike Newadmin and Overv for his 'I'm better than every other mod out there' attitude, yet his code usage such as this bad use of chat hooks proves it isn't.

"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 12:51:15 PM »
If you're using ULib SVN, I just changed chat hooks from a low priority to a high priority. This means that other mods won't be able to override us anymore, unless they're really getting down and dirty.

EDIT: Funny, but NewAdmin is actually completely broken when I try to run it on my server. The init script for NewAdmin is just lua/init.lua, which another script is using and therefore overriding. Oh well. :P

Another EDIT: After wrangling with several more errors in NewAdmin, I confirmed that the change to ULib fixes the conflict with NewAdmin. Now you can run both with no problem. :)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 01:05:31 PM by Megiddo »
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 01:55:11 PM »
Megiddo, I wouldn't have bothered. Now we'll get blamed for breaking other mods.

Offline Orangez

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 04:01:13 AM »
Thanks guys, I moved NewAdmin out of my Addons folder seeing how it isnt as good and i couldnt even get it to work.

Ulx is now working fine :D