Author Topic: URequest  (Read 19383 times)

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
URequest
« on: August 11, 2009, 01:57:28 AM »
==================URequest Has Been Rebuilt=================
Current Features:
     - Ability to make normal and private requests
     - Admins are notified at the time a request is made, and when they first join the server
     - Admins can now accept/deny requests rather than just deleting them
     - If the player is in the server when a request is accepted or denied they will be notified and a reason is given if supplied by the admin
     - If the player is not in the server at the time, they will be notified when they first spawn next time they join.
     - Everything in console autocomplete! :D
     - Full GUI with live updating. No more disappearing the re-appearing to refresh! :D

Current Commands:
     - URequest
               - Brings up the GUI
     - URequest Make
               - Usage: URequest Make You should install wiremod on the server! :D
               - Results in a public request viewable by everyone on the server by using URequest
     - URequest Makep
               - Usage: URequest Makep You should install GCombat on the server! :D
               - Results in a private request viewable by only admins on the server by using URequest
               - Request is preceded by *ADMIN* -
     - URequest Deny
               - Usage: URequest Deny 13630765 I don't think that is necessary.
               - Results in the removal of the request, and notifies the player
               - Is no reason is given the reason is no reason
     - URequest Accept
               - Usage: URequest Accept 13630765 That is a great idea, thanks!
               - Results in the removal of the request, and notifies the player
               - Is no reason is given the reason is no reason

Currently there is not a GUI, only console commands, but it works wonderfully.
I hope to have a GUI ready soon, but as I've mentioned in a later post, I am
taking my time with this one.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 03:11:24 PM by jay209015 »
An error only becomes a mistake when you refuse to correct it. --JFK

"And thus the downfall of the great ULX dynasty was wrought not by another dynasty, but the slow and steady deterioration of the leaders themselves, followed by the deprecation of the great knowledge they possessed." -Gmod, Chapter 28, verse 34 -- Stickly

Offline Euphytose

• I love Lemonade!
Re: URequest
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 09:13:25 AM »
Excellent, very nice work.  :)

Are there !command at the moment?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 09:14:58 AM by Euphytose »

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 11:15:06 AM »
Are there !command at the moment?
     - Not yet, I will implement them tonight.

"And thus the downfall of the great ULX dynasty was wrought not by another dynasty, but the slow and steady deterioration of the leaders themselves, followed by the deprecation of the great knowledge they possessed." -Gmod, Chapter 28, verse 34 -- Stickly

Offline Euphytose

• I love Lemonade!
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 01:17:58 PM »
     - Not yet, I will implement them tonight.

Thanks. :)

Offline atomicspark

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 03:22:00 PM »
This looks a little more polished then the original version. I like it. I'll try it out once you finish the chat commands. Be guaranteed that I'll have suggestions for you. :)

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 06:37:03 PM »
Ugh. What is it with everyone wanting chat commands?
Even if hidden from other users, I dislike them so.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 06:38:38 PM »
Ugh. What is it with everyone wanting chat commands?
Even if hidden from other users, I dislike them so.
     - Lol, why so much hatred :P
his looks a little more polished then the original version. I like it. I'll try it out once you finish the chat commands. Be guaranteed that I'll have suggestions for you.
     - Chat commands added, and I'm prepared to take in your suggestions

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 06:46:56 PM »
     - Lol, why so much hatred :P
No autocomplete, except for names, and only if you can type the first few ascii characters of a name, in the chat box.
ULib/ULX autocomplete in console just rules.
Meh. Personal preference. So many prefer chat and gui's.
I'm an old shell/dos command line guy.
(Read-Geezer!)
:D
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline atomicspark

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2009, 08:08:41 PM »
Well from what I see, players just type !request <insert request here>. Most players can't be arsed to figure out the console. That's about the extent of chat commands I would want/need. A GUI window would be better for the admin side of it. However, most of ulx commands have a chat version, so why not? :P

I'm an "old" terminal guy.
(Read-Linux-based operating systems user)
:D

Offline iBurnPuppies

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2009, 08:38:06 PM »
Hey, I really like this addon, I added it to my server. I only have a couple problems, though. The !urequest view doesn't show me everybody's request, only the one I made as a test. I can only view all the requests through the text file that is stored in the data folder of my server. Also, there's a bug where you have to type !urequest delete before you can make your first request ever, because when I do !request make I get the message saying I already have a request in progress. May I suggest that you add the ability to have more than one request per player?

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2009, 09:03:27 PM »
The !urequest view doesn't show me everybody's request, only the one I made as a test.
     - Are you an admin on your server?
Also, there's a bug where you have to type !urequest delete before you can make your first request ever, because when I do !request make I get the message saying I already have a request in progress.
     - If you don't have a pending request, !urequest delete wont do anything. I may add the ability for more than one request later.

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2009, 10:10:59 PM »
Commands:
     - URequest Make < Your request here, or leave blank for a gui >
     - URequest Makep < Same as make except only you and the admins can see it. (Useful for reporting people) >
     - URequest Delete <SteamID of the request your want to remove(admin only), or leave blank to remove your own>
     - URequest View ( Opens a gui where if you're admin you can view all requests made, or delete individual ones, if you are just a player you can view your current request/delete it, and if you type this in the server console, it will display a table of requests.)

Updates:
     - Added chat commands !urequest <make,delete,view, makep>
     - Fixed non-admins not being able to delete their requests from the view screen
     - Fixed players request still showing up if a request was deleted from another method other than the view screen
     - Fixed the format of the view screen, a little prettier you may not notice.
     - Changed the view menu to show all requests that aren't private to everyone
     - Added URequest makep so that you can send a request only you and admins can see
     - Changed chat commands so that they aren't visible in chat.

Offline iBurnPuppies

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2009, 11:12:02 PM »
     - Are you an admin on your server?     - If you don't have a pending request, !urequest delete wont do anything. I may add the ability for more than one request later.

Yes, I am admin. Though, I am the Owner rank, a custom rank I made myself, could that be the problem?

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2009, 11:28:11 PM »
Yes, I am admin. Though, I am the Owner rank, a custom rank I made myself, could that be the problem?
     - Yes actually, that doesn't pass the IsAdmin() check.

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2009, 01:59:20 AM »
Commands:
     - URequest Make < Your request here, or leave blank for a gui >
     - URequest Makep < Same as make except only you and the admins can see it. (Useful for reporting people) >
     - URequest Delete <SteamID of the request your want to remove(admin only), or leave blank to remove your own>
     - URequest Help ( Just like ulx help, it show's the commands and what they do for URestrict in the players console. )
     - URequest View ( Opens a gui where if you're admin you can view all requests made, or delete individual ones, if you are just a player you can view your current request/delete it, and if you type this in the server console, it will display a table of requests.)

Updates:
     - Added chat commands !urequest <make,delete,view, makep, help>
     - Fixed non-admins not being able to delete their requests from the view screen.
     - Fixed players request still showing up if a request was deleted from another method other than the view screen.
     - Fixed the format of the view screen, a little prettier you may not notice.
     - Changed the view menu to show all requests that aren't private to everyone.
     - Added URequest makep so that you can send a request only you and admins can see.
     - Changed chat commands so that they aren't visible in chat.
     - Added URequest help.
     - Added a function to alert all active admins when a player makes a request.
     - Added a function to let an admin know how many pending requests there are when they first join the server
     - Added a function to let you know if you have an active request when you first join the server.
     - Added an advert to let users know that URequest is on the server.