Author Topic: Rp_showdeath 0 exception for admins in darkrp  (Read 2435 times)

Offline Jeremiah767

Rp_showdeath 0 exception for admins in darkrp
« on: September 08, 2009, 10:42:57 PM »
Ok, I don't even know if I should be asking here, or at facepunch to be honest.  But I figured since this is a much more intelligent community, I'd come here first.  I already tried searching, but with no sucess.  I'm trying to figure out a way so that when rp_showdeaths is set to 0 in my darkrp garrysmod server, admins will still be able to see who's killing who in console(or in the regular onscreen message if that's the only way). Anyone know how to do this? or can point me in the right direction?

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Rp_showdeath 0 exception for admins in darkrp
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 02:19:31 AM »
Other than posting in the wrong area, you are more than welcome to ask here.
Before I go on about DarkRP, are you using ULX? Is it not showing you/logging player deaths already?
You can set the echo to be admin only for ULX.
If it's not, then, as in many other functions done badly in DarkRP, and one of many reasons I dislike DarkRP, it's preventing the hook that monitors death from letting any other script work.

What you're trying to do shouldn't be overly difficult if DarkRP uses the hook for player death.
Would be a great way for you to learn Gmod lua if you don't already know it.
Find the hook. Edit so that the check for rp_showdeath = 0 portion has a check for admin that continues with an admin only player message.

"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming