ULX

Author Topic: New selfcommands - Commans to apply to yourself  (Read 8872 times)

Offline roelof

New selfcommands - Commans to apply to yourself
« on: September 25, 2009, 05:27:09 AM »
Hy everyone,

This is my first release in lua so i hope you like it.

Its made after the idea of MrPresident but it is completely self coded.

So far i added these functions:
Code: [Select]
ulx teleportme
ulx ragdollme
ulx unragdollme
ulx armorme
ulx hpme
ulx whipme
ulx kickme (xD)

Im still working on it and more additions are to come.

Fully compatible with ULX version 3.50 (the latest version at time of writing)

Download
You can download this add-ons in 2 ways.With svn (make a new folder in your add-ons and checkout / export there)or by direct link (same idea only the new folder is in the ZIP file)

Subversion: http://selfcommands.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ (<- Advised)
HTTP: Google Code (<- not advised! )

Have fun with it

Changelog:
25 september 2009
  • Initial release
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 02:43:54 AM by roelof »

Offline atomicspark

Re: New selfcommands - Commans to apply to yourself
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 12:29:22 PM »
Did you actually write all of that? I haven't used it myself, but after looking at the code, I can say that you have some good ideas. Please consider the following and take it as constructive criticism (even if I unintentionally come off as trollish):

The Title
Your add-on is more then just "selfcommands". We don't like surprises!

The Title x2
You probably didn't ask MrPresident permission to update and re-release his add-on as something else. Releasing something in an old project's name is a very Facepunchy thing to do and we don't encourage that kind of thing here.

Selfcommands
"Selfcommands" are now built into ULX (developmental version only, which you built off of). You can create them using the new command system. Please see my post in the original Selfcommands for ULX thread.

SVN
Do you really need it? There is a trend on Facepunch that all the cool kids release their add-ons in SVN releases, even though that most of the time it isn't needed. Now this may make sense for Wiremod, since it updates daily (or more so), but the average add-on might only see a few updates a year. Note that even the Ulysses Team only uses SVN for internal development and for public testing. They do not refer to it as an "official release". Remember, ULX 3.5 is still in development and has not been released yet!

The cfg Folder
The "cfg" folder in your release isn't needed and probably will just confuse people who installed it. Maybe it wasn't intentional since it has someone's server's hostname on it. See Pro tips #1 for reasoning.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 12:57:46 PM »
Other than the fact that self commands are built in now, I like your other commands. :)
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline roelof

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 04:14:25 AM »
[...]
The cfg Folder
The "cfg" folder in your release isn't needed and probably will just confuse people who installed it. Maybe it wasn't intentional since it has someone's server's hostname on it. See Pro tips #1 for reasoning.

Did I added that? I thought I removed it.
(It's removed on the SVN)

[...]
SVN
Do you really need it? There is a trend on Facepunch that all the cool kids release their add-ons in SVN releases, even though that most of the time it isn't needed. Now this may make sense for Wiremod, since it updates daily (or more so), but the average add-on might only see a few updates a year. Note that even the Ulysses Team only uses SVN for internal development and for public testing. They do not refer to it as an "official release". Remember, ULX 3.5 is still in development and has not been released yet!

I just like using SVNs as they are easy for me to update and easy for the user to keep updated.

I by the way added a command. slayme. because sometimes noobs get stuck and this way they dont' have to hear 'type kill in the console' without knowing what a console is.

(update comes soon)

Offline joe_sandwich

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 02:37:28 PM »
they dont seem to work for me

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 08:30:33 PM »
Hi Joe. If you're using SVN of ULib and ULX, they probably won't.
Both are going through a major re-write.

If you are NOT using SVN and are using ULX 3.4 from our ulyssesmod.net/?UL=download page...any errors?
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 06:57:30 AM »
This release is actually built off ulx/ulib svn.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline joe_sandwich

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 10:37:11 AM »
Hi Joe. If you're using SVN of ULib and ULX, they probably won't.
Both are going through a major re-write.

If you are NOT using SVN and are using ULX 3.4 from our ulyssesmod.net/?UL=download page...any errors?

I am indeed using the SVN. I like to keep things up to date. LEt me know if you get it to work though. I love this idea, it is very unique

Offline Jazzy

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2009, 02:51:35 PM »
What's wrong with:

!slay Jazzy

or

!armor Jazzy

etc

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2009, 03:33:42 PM »
The original ULX commands were written in such a way that you couldn't limit them to just one person.
If you gave Jazzy the slay command, then Jazzy could slay other people too.

This module, MrPresident's self commands, and ULX's current SVN allow self commands without affecting others if wanted now too.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming