ULX

Author Topic: ulib/ulx -> php/asp  (Read 2836 times)

Offline odyss3y

ulib/ulx -> php/asp
« on: November 06, 2009, 03:33:35 PM »
I'm looking to display data about who are ULX admins and what groups they are in.  Has anyone done anything like this in php or asp?

Also, how is UID calculated?  Currently I'm using ulib, ULX, utime, and darkrp.  What I'm hoping to do is display the people's wallets based on the last time they were logged on.  I can do this if I know how to convert a steamid into a UID.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Re: ulib/ulx -> php/asp
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 05:21:08 PM »
I'd integrate it the other way if I were you. Start out with a website that has the ability to do what you want from a database, then share that information with ULib as needed. See the docs for information on how to do that.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 06:52:48 PM »
odyss3y,
See also this post - http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,3241.0.html

It's a discussion of how someone wanted to use ULib to pull groups/users from a database instead of our flat text file.
It also has example code we once used to pull admins/donator access from the forum database here when we ran a gmod server.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Ploo

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 03:16:43 PM »
Your best bet would be to convert the entire data system (users.txt, bans.txt, groups.txt and the rest) to MySQL. I think ACProdigy has done just that.