ULX

Author Topic: Ragdoll not working  (Read 2368 times)

Offline LiveTrash

Ragdoll not working
« on: December 27, 2009, 08:18:19 PM »
I know this post is not helpful at all, but what steps can I take to get this issue resolved? I've tried to use the ragdoll command in chat, client console, and RCON and only get the (ADMIN) User ragdolled user mssage, with no ragdolling. I don't recieve any errors, and I looked through the ULX files and found the code for the ragdoll command to appear to be fine. I never edited any of it so I don't see what could be the issue.

Please let me know what I can do to allow you to help troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks
LiveTrash

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Ragdoll not working
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 08:29:14 PM »
Sounds liks another mod conflicting, being poorly written to return true or false instead of just returning.
Remove all mods that might affect ragdoll except for ULib/ULX.
Several exist (superman, combat, many others)
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline LiveTrash

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 08:30:56 PM »
I have superman mod, but that was always there.. and Ragdoll always worked with it. and by combat, do you mean GCombat? (Which I don't have)

I'll look and see if I can remember any addons I put in recently which might be causing it. Thanks.

EDIT: Well, it turns out it wasn't superman mod, or any recent mod I added in. This is disappointing. I don't know what to do next besides remove all mods and add them back one at a time.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 08:44:34 PM by LiveTrash »

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 09:42:01 PM »
What gamemode? If sandbox, I'd say the only thing you can do is try removing all mods and adding them back in one at a time.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline LiveTrash

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 11:00:40 AM »
It's sandbox, and yeh, I might do that if I really want to get ragdoll working again.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 03:50:21 PM »
You might be able to find other mods watching for ragdoll searching your entire addon directory for text in the file - prop_ragdoll
ULX will be found, but others that prevent it might be too.
Worst case scenario, one of your other scripts is overriding ents.Create (you could search for that too) and breaking every other ents.Create function.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming