Author Topic: Ulx lag with console commands  (Read 3090 times)

Offline Ratboy15

Ulx lag with console commands
« on: December 30, 2009, 11:53:40 AM »
I told JamminR about this and he said to make a post so here it is. It seems that ulx svn is having some sort of lag with console commands but none at all with chat commands. When I try any chat commands at all its perfectly fine. When I do any console commands there is a lag and it really only gets bad when there is some lag on the server. Here is a video to show you. Also this is very easy to repeat. Just spawn some contraptions and make them move around. Also video is taken from a dedicated server I run on this computer but was repeatable on a friends.

Just uploaded so might be bad picture for now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycDs0br3FZk

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Re: Ulx lag with console commands
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 12:53:17 PM »
We're using datastream for the console commands from the client side... I'll investigate changing to something else. :)
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline Ratboy15

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 01:01:36 PM »
Ok and can I make a small request of changing the !teleport back to !tp :D? Its just annoying having to type more for something that people are used to.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 02:12:03 PM »
Ok and can I make a small request of changing the !teleport back to !tp :D? Its just annoying having to type more for something that people are used to.

We changed it back to the full !teleport because people kept (incorrectly) thinking that there was no chat command for it when they tried !teleport and failed. I might add both, though.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 04:47:37 PM »
Sorry for the delay on this issue, but it should be fixed as of ULib rev 98. Let me know if you're still getting lag.