ULX

Author Topic: UTimeM - UTime for MySQL  (Read 33446 times)

Offline ACProdigy

• Beriddled with nonsense
Re: UTimeM - UTime for MySQL
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2010, 01:43:57 PM »
Oh, I'm an idiot. My function name was incorrect. mysql_escape is supposed to be mysql.escape.

I've re-uploaded UTimeM V4. It should solve that problem.

Offline Darksoul

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2010, 10:48:37 PM »
For some reason utime isn't enabled when I join my server (from time to time, usually it works) and I have to type utime_enable 1 in console.

Any idea how to fix this?. It's not a huge deal since it still counts time, but its annoying.

Offline Robin

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2010, 05:09:41 AM »
Untill ACProdigy takes a look at it, i would suggest you to add: utime_enable 1 (if its a server to server.cfg and if its a client then to config.cfg)
- Robin

Offline ACProdigy

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2010, 10:41:01 PM »
Any idea how to fix this?. It's not a huge deal since it still counts time, but its annoying.
If its still counting time then it is likely a client issue (Not a given, of course). Are you getting any specific errors?

Offline benbrooks

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2010, 09:24:58 AM »
I use this on my server and some peoples time keeps getting reset for no reason, it seems to be after about 27 hours.

Just took a quick look at the database and like 6 people have exactly the same time. (the people who's time got reset)

« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 09:48:49 AM by benbrooks »

Offline ACProdigy

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2010, 01:28:29 PM »
I use this on my server and some peoples time keeps getting reset for no reason, it seems to be after about 27 hours.

Are you using the latest version of UTimeM? There was a bug previously where certain names would cause database anomalies. Also, do you keep console logs? Would you mind sharing them? The more information I have, the easier I can rectify this issue.

Offline benbrooks

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2010, 08:11:33 AM »
Yes I have v4

Also found these in my logs

L 02/17/2010 - 13:07:22: Lua Error: Timer Error: autorun/sv_utime.lua:129: attempt to concatenate a boolean value
L 02/17/2010 - 16:10:30: Lua Error: ERROR: Hook 'UTimeInitialSpawn' Failed: autorun/sv_utime.lua:101: attempt to concatenate a boolean value
L 02/17/2010 - 16:10:30: Lua Error: Removing Hook 'UTimeInitialSpawn'

That was all of the things related to UTime in the logs for yesterday. (Some repeats of the first error)

Offline Ploo

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2010, 01:41:21 PM »

Just took a quick look at the database and like 6 people have exactly the same time. (the people who's time got reset)

Take a screenshot of the structure of the table. Maybe somehow the time field has become a tinyint or something of the sorts? Would explain why a larger int wont fit.

Offline ACProdigy

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2010, 12:03:06 PM »
Apologies for the delay ( I recently migrated my email and subsequently it was all marked as read, I must have missed over the forum notification ). I'm looking into the issue now, benbrooks. As Ploo said, could you please provide the full table structure? In the case of an Overflow condition, MySQL should be returning an error, and UTime should therefore be mentioning it.

Regarding the Boolean Concatenation error, it seems to be related to the MySQL Query itself. This tells me that MySQL probably IS handing off an error to LUA ( due to the Overflow condition ), but my code isn't handling it correctly. Something that needs to be fixed, certainly, but seems to be a symptom rather than the problem.

Like I said, please post your table structure here, and I'll be able to provide a better answer. Thanks!

Offline Chippiewill

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2010, 09:23:24 AM »
I seem to be having problems with this, is it compatible with ulib and ulx SVN?
The only error that I receive is that it is unable to reach the database, I hae checked and the box which my game server is on has the IP open.

Offline someone920

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2010, 08:29:46 PM »
I just started using this, and it connects fine, but it now only displays the total session time for both times... I don't know if i should remove the sv.db.

Offline Buggzie

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2010, 02:46:18 PM »
I dislike how you make it reconnect all the time. Never added a persistent feature. This lags my server everytime it connects.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2010, 03:42:11 PM »
I dislike how you make it reconnect all the time. Never added a persistent feature. This lags my server everytime it connects.

You could get a faster MySQL server... or at least one closer to your server. For example, these forums don't use a persistent connection. It reconnects every time you load the page, but there's no noticeable delay there.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline Buggzie

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2010, 04:13:55 PM »
You could get a faster MySQL server... or at least one closer to your server. For example, these forums don't use a persistent connection. It reconnects every time you load the page, but there's no noticeable delay there.

Could you jump on steam, I need some help making this persistent...

Its not noticeable on webservers because its a webserver game servers update secondly and if it times out then yeah... it will screw up.

Even the localhost server lags

Offline someone920

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2010, 06:08:12 PM »
Could you jump on steam, I need some help making this persistent...

Its not noticeable on webservers because its a webserver game servers update secondly and if it times out then yeah... it will screw up.

Even the localhost server lags

Could you possibly help me make a persistent?