ULX

Author Topic: [SVN ULib/ULX Only] - Old School Immunity + bonus bounce back  (Read 7385 times)

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
[SVN ULib/ULX Only] - Old School Immunity + bonus bounce back
« on: February 07, 2010, 09:20:20 PM »
Description:
Miss the "old skewl" "single player is immune from all commands" simplicity of ULX prior to SVN?
Love how you can control every command's immunity access in SVN, but find it just too time consuming to modify every command?
Ever wanted automatic revenge for fellow players who have access to ULX commands that perform them on you?
Old School Immunity is for you! It has bully protection too! (Old School Playground protection?!"

Features:
  • osi_immunize - protect players from most commands
  • osi_rubberize - immunity + bounce back... player who targetted you gets action performed on them instead
  • osi_overcome - allow the select few you wish to overcome protections (rubberization or immunity)
  • Still allows action on players who target themselves (for whatever reason they are doing whatever to themselves!)

Known issues
  • None at this time - tested on single player and listen server with one bot and one other human player

Usage - console only
  • REQUIRES ULib v2.5 SVN revision ! 97 ! or higher. No, I will NOT attempt to make versions for lower
  • See "ulx help" - OSI has it's own category
  • ulx osi_immunize - grant player immunity protection
  • ulx osi_rubberization - grant player bounce back protection
  • ulx osi_overcome - grant player access to overcome all Old School protections

Installation:
Unzip into your <drive><steampath><username><garrysmod>/addons/ or gmod server/addons/ folder.

ChangeLog:
First release to Ulysses forums - v1
2/14/2010 - Corrected commented note to myself that wasn't properly commented (THANKS KENNY!)

Notes:
Yes, I know there is very little chance of rubberization being a real word. Vulcanization is actually the process of making rubber.
Still... I liked it for this release. :)
This uses ULib's new hooks ULibPlayerTarget and ULibPlayerTargets. Which is why I won't be making a version for older releases.

Do NOT upload this to any other download site. Though you may share it, please link to this individual release post.
When SVN of ULib and ULX have gone release, I may update/add a non registration required link.
Megiddo still has plans of immunity within ULX, and this may become null and void.

Download:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 02:32:04 PM by JamminR »
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Re: [SVN ULib/ULX Only] - Old School Immunity + bonus bounce back
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 09:24:29 PM »
Awesome work JamminR! :D
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline Ploo

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 05:53:19 AM »
Looks good.

Ahh, looking forward to the complete SVN release.

EDIT: Any ETA on it?

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 03:03:03 PM »
All, I forgot to mention;
This addon only affects / blocks commands with "ulx " as part of the command.
It won't affect other modules/scripts if they use ULib's commands yet don't have "ulx <command>" structure.

Also, there is an exception list for all commands, and one for rubber commands towards the top of the file.
Please let me know if you find any ULX commands that just don't work well with either immunity or rubber on a player.
For instance, spectate is in the rubber list... spectating oneself is pointless... you're officially already spectating yourself when you spawn into the server. :)
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline halkion

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 01:04:28 PM »
Erm, i can't seem to get mine to work. :S  I use the latest svn version of ulx and ulib. But when I run "ulx help" in the console of my server i see nothing about osi. I have no idea what is wrong and i also don't see any commands for osi in the server. Please help meh :<

Offline Kenny_

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 01:48:37 PM »
There's a space between the dashes on line 95, which prevents it from working.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 02:33:07 PM »
Oops.
Thanks Kenny.
Corrected and re-uploaded. (I've not tested since re-uploading though)

Offline RynO-SauruS

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 02:21:31 PM »
Looks like this would be really nice for people who miss the old system! Nice work! I personally like the new command system..
But, 'ulx physgunplayer' still isn't updated to it yet. Can this addon be used to keep admins from being able to pickup superadmins in the SVN?

YouTube music player by RynO-SauruS

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 03:19:41 PM »
keep admins from being able to pickup superadmins in the SVN?
No. This uses two hooks which ULib calls when players are targeted using console/say command entry.
ULX's current physgun pickup doesn't ever call the ULib functions that call the hooks.

Offline RynO-SauruS

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 07:43:26 PM »
Ok, thanks.

YouTube music player by RynO-SauruS

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 10:09:54 PM »
While playing on a dedicated server running ULib svn rev 105 and ULX svn rev 85, I found that after using ulx osi_rubberize on myself, a fellow admin, without overcome power, could still affect me without commands bouncing back to him.
(Whip, to be specific)
Immunize on me worked... he couldn't affect me.
I found no errors in my game or server console, but was distracted and may have missed them.
Can anyone else test and let me know?
Thanks.