ULX

Author Topic: Maybe a ULX problem?  (Read 3597 times)

Offline mistahardkill

Maybe a ULX problem?
« on: February 08, 2010, 09:41:56 PM »
I've just set up a new gmod server, and everything is working fine for the most part. Including ULX:) Although, I'm new to this so my problem may not even have anything to do with ULX lol.

I have a dedicated 4 core i7 box with  8gb ram running my gmod server. It's got 3 slots and its passworded....anyways...

I can't seem to spawn Hunter npcs? Anybody know how to fix this? I haven't checked to see if there are others I can't spawn.....if its in the main game configs i can't find the setting lol.

Thanks for your help!

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
Re: Maybe a ULX problem?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 05:03:45 AM »
It would seem as if your server doesn't have the HL2:Ep2 content installed. I'm not sure if there is a command you can run in HLDS??? I know what WE used to do was extract all of the content from ep2 from the gcf file and then upload it to the server. It's kind of a pain in the rear...

So.. no not a ULX problem.. if you want to confirm for me.. try spawning a breen NPC.. or an antlion grub. I think thats the extent of the ep2 NPCs. You could also try and spawn ep2 props? I know the pine tree models are all ep2.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 05:05:25 AM by MrPresident »

Offline mistahardkill

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 06:52:42 PM »
Ok so this is VERY wierd...this gmod server is fresh, from hldsupdatetool.

Only mods I have installed ATM are ULX of course, PHX, and Wire, as well as a nuke mod because its a personal server.

My problem is:
A) When switching weapons, the classic half life 2 weapon switch menu isn't there. The HUD is, but not the little diagram of all the weapons.

B) We can't seem to spawn any props that aren't a member of the Useful Building Props, Useful Comic Props, or Special Effects....any other prop directories, when we click on these props, nothing happens. The thumbnails load and stuff, so we see what they are, but nothing happens. This is the same with the HL2:EP2 props/models. They appear in the props directory, thumbnails and all, but we can't spawn them. No error, no nothing. Same with TF2 etc. It's just those 3 groups we can spawn from.

Most of the NPC's work except the hunter and the antlion thing from episode 2, but breen works. Can't spawn any weapons from the weapons tab, and only a select few vehicles/chairs/seats. All of these limits are set to 40 in the config, except for props, which is set to 100 (because we dont want to be limited, but we know our limits if that makes sense). Any ideas?

Also, how do I add the ep.2 content?

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 06:58:55 PM »
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming