ULX

Author Topic: [DEPRECATED] [ULX SVN/ULib SVN only] AntiPhysgun [DEPRECATED]  (Read 7177 times)

Offline RynO-SauruS

[DEPRECATED] [ULX SVN/ULib SVN only] AntiPhysgun [DEPRECATED]
« on: February 19, 2010, 10:04:24 PM »
This addon is now deprecated and no longer needed, because Megiddo has manually added restrictions to ulx physgunplayer.

AntiPhysgun is an addon for ULX SVN that adds an access called "ulx physgunplayer_protect".
When added to a group or player, the player(s) can't be picked up by other players with "ulx physgunplayer".
Note: this can be overridden if the player trying to physgun has the "overcomeimmunity" access. Removed in version 1.1
By default, it adds the access to the superadmin group.

I made this because "ulx physgunplayer" doesn't work with the new command system yet.
This is most likely only temporary, as I've been told by Megiddo, but this is just a quick fix.

Usage (if you want to use it for groups other than superadmin):
Type in the console:
ulx groupallow <group> "ulx physgunplayer_protect"

And if you want to use it for specific players:
Type in the console:
ulx userallow <player's name> "ulx physgunplayer_protect"

Installation:
Extract to addons.

UPDATE: AntiPhysgun SVN version 1.1

FIX: Fixed the error since Megiddo removed the ULib.ACCESS_IMMUNITY global variable. (It's no longer needed at all)
I remember getting an error with this lately when it was working fine before, so I'm assuming this was the problem. (This is untested, post here if you have problems)
I also removed the check for "overcomeimmunity", following the way Megiddo did to the official PlayerPhysgun. (overcomeimmunity is retired now)

Enjoy.

This addon is now deprecated and no longer needed, because Megiddo has manually added restrictions to ulx physgunplayer.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 03:01:05 PM by RynO-SauruS »

YouTube music player by RynO-SauruS

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
Nice!
An error only becomes a mistake when you refuse to correct it. --JFK

"And thus the downfall of the great ULX dynasty was wrought not by another dynasty, but the slow and steady deterioration of the leaders themselves, followed by the deprecation of the great knowledge they possessed." -Gmod, Chapter 28, verse 34 -- Stickly

Offline RynO-SauruS

Thanks.

Offline Ploo

If you have staff that annoy you with their ability to pick you up with the physgun, maybe, they shouldn't be staff?

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
I tend to agree, but not everyone rules with as much of an iron fist as some others.
:)
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline vader0146

This is good, it seems like it will be useful to a lot of people.  ;D

But really, did you have to release a 6 line PhysgunPickup hook?

Offline RynO-SauruS

Why remove someone's admin completely for picking me up, instead of just removing their ability to do so in particular?
I don't think picking up a superadmin is really grounds for removing someone's admin rights completely.
A lot of people don't know how to write a simple script to fix this problem. Why not release it?

Offline RynO-SauruS

UPDATE: AntiPhysgun version 1.1
See bottom of first post for details.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
You are correct that immunity and overcomeimmunity were removed, they weren't really intended to linger as long as they did... I just kept forgetting to remove them.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.