ULX

Author Topic: Chat Sound  (Read 3755 times)

Offline Flinta

Chat Sound
« on: April 28, 2010, 04:15:04 AM »
Hello!

What could be fun on a server if players writed lol a laughing sound will play that others could hear,
or custom it how you like it.  And when typing an Chat bubble appear over head.

Like use ulx forcedownload or resource.AddFile to add sound clips and a lua code to play them when typing lol on chat.

That would be fun. 

thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 04:29:03 AM by Flinta »

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
Re: Chat Sound
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 02:00:30 PM »
I thought of this when I first started coding in lua, and yes it was fun until you got like 4 or more people on the server, especially once someone realizes that the sound plays everytime they "lol". I already have a pending request tonight, but it's small. So if you want I can make it for you, but you'll have to provide the .wav file.
An error only becomes a mistake when you refuse to correct it. --JFK

"And thus the downfall of the great ULX dynasty was wrought not by another dynasty, but the slow and steady deterioration of the leaders themselves, followed by the deprecation of the great knowledge they possessed." -Gmod, Chapter 28, verse 34 -- Stickly

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Chat Sound
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 04:43:52 PM »
Indeed. A module perhaps, but, definitely not a suggestion to include in ULX by default.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

An Error Has Occurred!

array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given