ULX

Author Topic: Dedicated Server changing to sandbox on map change  (Read 2071 times)

Offline Doctor Professor Godot

Dedicated Server changing to sandbox on map change
« on: June 15, 2010, 07:48:10 PM »
I started up a dedicated server yesterday and decided to use ULX for its flexibility(great job you guys). I spent almost all of today trying to get URestrict to work(I eventually did) but it looks like this was at a trade-off. Everytime I switch the map and gamemode, it will go to that map but will automatically set the gamemode to sandbox no matter what map i change to. I have noticed, however, that changing the srcds launch options of +sv_gamemode will get me that gamemode, but changing the map through ULX will always get me sandbox. Naturally, I dont want to reset the server anytime I change the gamemode. Any ideas?

server.cfg
Code: [Select]
"hostname" "Godot's Faboulous Server of Garry Modding"
"sv_defaultgamemode" "sandbox"
"sv_lan" "0"
"maxplayers" "20"
"sbox_allownpcs" "0"
"sbox_maxprops" "175"
"sbox_maxragdolls" "0"
"sbox_maxnpcs" "1"
"sbox_maxballoons" "10"
"sbox_maxeffects" "1"
"sbox_maxdynamite" "2"
"sbox_maxlamps" "5"
"sbox_maxthrusters" "25"
"sbox_maxwheels" "20"
"sbox_godmode" "0"
"sbox_plpldamage" "0"
"sbox_playergod" "0"
"sbox_noclip" "1"
"sbox_maxhoverballs" "25"
"sbox_maxvehicles" "1"
"sbox_maxbuttons" "15"
"rcon_password" "***********"

Launch Options
Code: [Select]
C:\Garrysmod\orangebox\srcds.exe -console -game garrysmod -port 27015 +maxplayers 12 +map gms_vikings_forestsurvival +sv_gamemode gmstranded

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Re: Dedicated Server changing to sandbox on map change
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 09:03:35 PM »
I think it's sv_defaultgamemode. I believe that specifies the gamemode to play on if you've otherwise left it unspecified.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline Doctor Professor Godot

Re: Dedicated Server changing to sandbox on map change
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 09:14:57 PM »
I thought the same thing and tried it with and without a default gamemode. For now, I've regressed back to the release versions until there is some kind of fix for this. That, and I'd put in something along the lines of "ulx map pw037 pirateshipwars" and it would respond with something along the lines of "ADMIN changed map to pw027 and gamemode to pirateshipwars" though in the end, it was still sandbox. Since the only difference between the two is using ulx, i think there's some tiny glitch in the code.