ULX

Author Topic: Ulx commands not working...  (Read 20097 times)

Offline Anderen2

Ulx commands not working...
« on: May 27, 2010, 09:52:58 AM »
Hi, ive recently made an server and decided to use it with ULX... It worked perfectly, until the last gmod update... I updated both the server and my client, and then went to my server. I discovered that !menu didnt work anymore in the chat. and in console it just says unknown command: ulx. It works if i use rcon ulx, that means its not an serversided problem. It happened to me and my other superadmin, but the strange part is that i just added one more, and it worked for him! how do i fix this? do i need to reinstall gmod? Thanks :)

EDIT: I found out that the motd dosent show up for us either...
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 09:55:52 AM by Anderen2 »

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
Re: Ulx commands not working...
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 12:47:04 PM »
Sounds like your client-side files aren't being sent from the server to the clients properly. Are you running a Fast DL server? If so make sure your url is correct and that  your lua cache is updated.

Offline Anderen2

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 02:31:36 PM »
Nope, but the strange thing is that it worked before the update... I'm Just using normal server dl. And it all works for the new admin i added today! but not for me or the other...

Offline Anderen2

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 09:44:17 AM »
Hmmm, looked at the console after i typed the !menu in chat and tried typing "ulx menu"

Code: [Select]
Anderen2: !menu
Warning: Unhandled usermessage 'ULibLuaFn'
] ulx menu
Anderen2: !menu
Warning: Unhandled usermessage 'ULibLuaFn'
] erw
Unknown command: erw
] ulx slay anderen
] rcon ulx slay anderen
(ADMIN) (Console) slayed Anderen2
Anderen2 suicided!
Anderen2 suicided!
(ADMIN) (Console) slayed Anderen2
Warning: Unhandled usermessage 'ulib_sound'

As you see it reacts with an error if i type !menu, does nothing if i type ulx, ulx menu or ulx slay ... But if i try to do it trought the server console using rcon, it works... The !menu chat command also works for my new admin, that i "employed" after the gmod update...

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 09:49:28 AM »
Looks like you aren't receiving the client side files from the server properly.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline Anderen2

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 10:55:51 AM »
Yeah, but it worked before the update! And i still should have the files from then? I havent done any speciall changes on the server except updating it... It dosent work for me and my secound superadmin that got the superadmin role before the update, but it works for the new admin i've "employed" after the update!!

Offline Anderen2

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 05:06:31 AM »
I guess you have right Megiddo... But how do i fix my problem then? Ive now made an FastDL Server but it still not works... is this the way to set it up? :
//FastDL
     "sv_downloadurl" "http://hegeshh.no/gmod/ex/Gmod%20Dedicated%20Server/"
     "sv_allowupload" "0"
     "sv_allowdownload" "0"
Heres the link to the files(FastDL Server: http://hegeshh.no/gmod/ex/Gmod%20Dedicated%20Server/
Ive taken out all the lua, models, textures etc from the addons to the root..
Heres the gmod-server: steam://connect/88.89.81.202:27016

« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 07:47:33 AM by Anderen2 »

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 08:36:05 AM »
http://wiki.garrysmod.com/?title=Setting_up_sv_downloadurl

Looks like the new cache files are under garrysmod/cache and are now compressed.

I went to your download url and you definitely do not have anything directly under the cache folder, just under the dua folder which is the old style of doing it.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 08:42:43 AM »
To those reporting issues, I have a simple question... are you sure you've updated your dedicated server files?
Actually ran the "hlds -command update garrysmod" command. (There's often more to it than that, paths, etc, but you should get my drift.
You'd need to shutdown the server first.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Anderen2

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2010, 09:02:41 AM »
Yeah, finaly got it working! To those that got the same problem, i first applyed the datastream fix, i then deleted the cache folder on the server and let the server regenerate it, uploaded the two cache files to the FastDL server. And volla, got the UTime back on and all chat+console cmds worked !! Thanks :)

Offline Solonari

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2010, 12:01:41 PM »
Seeing different issues on our servers.

One server works 100% fine for me right out of the box.  The other wouldn't give me any dialogs (or errors) until I applied the datastream fix.  One of the other admins had the same issues before the fix, but after the fix it still does not work (errors listed below) for him.  Assigning GodMode works for him, but the dialogs are not coming up.

We've re-installed the server, updated everything, updated the Ulysses addons via SVN, cleared the caches, tried both standard and FastDL modes, and still can't get him working properly.

• Warning: Unhandled usermessage 'ulx_addMenuItem'
  • Unhandled stream ULibRPC!
  • Warning: Unhandled usermessage 'ulib_sound'

Any help would be appreciated.  Anything I may not have known to include, please let me know.  Devs, please feel free to toss me a Msg on here if you'd like server address and access during debugging.

Offline Anderen2

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2010, 01:08:53 PM »
Thats almost the same problem that i had! I too had the
# Unhandled stream ULibRPC!
# Warning: Unhandled usermessage 'ulib_sound'
Error msgs... Have you uploaded the cache to the fastdl server properly? Or taken out the folders of the addons properly?

Offline Solonari

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2010, 03:55:37 PM »
Thats almost the same problem that i had! I too had the
# Unhandled stream ULibRPC!
# Warning: Unhandled usermessage 'ulib_sound'
Error msgs... Have you uploaded the cache to the fastdl server properly? Or taken out the folders of the addons properly?
This was a fresh install of the GM server, with only SPP, ULib and ULX installed as addons.  Are there others that I should have taken out of the standard install?

To ensure this was not a FastDL issue, we primarily tested with FastDL disabled.  When testing with FastDL enabled, all files were up-to-date.  I also asked the other admin to ensure that he had removed all his client-side addons (just as a precaution) and cleaned his local caches.  SPP was indicating that it, too, did not load properly for him, complaining about missing commands.

There was also a spew of...

You have tried to create a render target via Lua. This is now disabled, it's way too slow. Check out garrysmod\settings\render_targets

but this was reported before the addon-cleaning/cache-dumping and after tossing Wire onto the server (I hadn't expected to be debugging - Garry usually breaks things so badly they simply crash).

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2010, 05:31:15 PM »
So did that problem still occur when download URL was disabled?

Offline Solonari

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2010, 07:38:38 PM »
So did that problem still occur when download URL was disabled?
Yes.  Problem occurs with or without the Download URL.  Restarted the server each time to ensure that at no point had the server application been in the opposite mode.  Throughout these changes, the server was always functioning properly for me - just not for the other admin.

And Megiddo, you didn't return my email asking where I should send the next donation.  *poke*