Author Topic: ULX web system (Remote bans/list current bans) - BETA v1.3  (Read 68050 times)

Offline thegtz

Re: ULX web system (Remote bans/list current bans) - BETA v1.3
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2012, 10:27:29 PM »
Having problems, it doesn't seem to be grabbing bans.txt from my server.

[09-Jul-2012 00:25:47] PHP Warning:  ftp_get() [<a href='function.ftp-get'>function.ftp-get[/url]]: File status okay; about to open data connection. in /home/thegtz/public_html/sub/bans/update.php on line 36
[09-Jul-2012 00:25:50] PHP Warning:  file(./bans.txt) [<a href='function.file'>function.file[/url]]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/thegtz/public_html/sub/bans/index.php on line 238

Offline trurascalz

« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2012, 04:14:41 PM »
Hi all, i do understand most php-related things but i really am having trouble setting this up, i have tried many,many,many combinations in the config file. So please can somone most preferbly a person who has got this working or a ulysses moderator/member please contact me either through my email or my steam. This would be greatly appreciated as the video is Outdated and the comments here are shocking enough.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198031633135/

Offline russy

• ULX Bans
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2012, 04:33:51 AM »
Having problems, it doesn't seem to be grabbing bans.txt from my server.

[09-Jul-2012 00:25:47] PHP Warning:  ftp_get() [<a href='function.ftp-get'>function.ftp-get[/url]]: File status okay; about to open data connection. in /home/thegtz/public_html/sub/bans/update.php on line 36
[09-Jul-2012 00:25:50] PHP Warning:  file(./bans.txt) [<a href='function.file'>function.file[/url]]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/thegtz/public_html/sub/bans/index.php on line 238

sorry for the late reply.
[09-Jul-2012 00:25:47] PHP Warning:  ftp_get() - I think your problem is that php cannot find the bans.txt on your game server.
[09-Jul-2012 00:25:50] PHP Warning:  file(./bans.txt) - This is just becouse the bans.txt cannot be downloaded from the server and will go away once the first problem is solved.

The only peice of advise i can give is to check that your telling php to search the right directory on your game server, you can check this by navigateing to the same location you have in the "$ftp_directory" feild to see if bans.txt is in that folder.

Hi all, i do understand most php-related things but i really am having trouble setting this up, i have tried many,many,many combinations in the config file. So please can somone most preferbly a person who has got this working or a ulysses moderator/member please contact me either through my email or my steam. This would be greatly appreciated as the video is Outdated and the comments here are shocking enough.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198031633135/

I've added you on steam and I agree with everything your saying, this is mainly because I made the system for me never intending to release it which meant I never had any need to make it simple and easy to install however these problems will hopefully be solved with the next release which will change how the system works by removing any need for a FTP connection.
I'm not sure when the next release will be but Archanamiya said he will start working on the Gmod plugin sometime this week.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 04:49:36 AM by russy »
??????

Offline thegtz

« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2012, 03:31:23 PM »
Its the correct path since if it was wrong it would give be error, can't find bans.txt. It just not able to grab the file for some reason.

It seems to be trying to grab it as the default one in the directory is gone but the new one is never uploaded.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 03:33:20 PM by thegtz »

Offline Mathew75

« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2012, 06:46:52 PM »
Very nice. But I do think you should work on a newer style.

To be honest this theme of it looks kinda messy that you made in 10 mins. I think you should try improving the style of it.

Not trying to be mean, just saying my option.

Offline russy

• ULX Bans
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2012, 01:14:24 PM »
Very nice. But I do think you should work on a newer style.

To be honest this theme of it looks kinda messy that you made in 10 mins. I think you should try improving the style of it.

Not trying to be mean, just saying my option.

haha no problem, Allot needs to be addressed putting the style on the back bench xD we'll get around to it and everything else in time.
??????

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2012, 07:39:09 PM »
you should work on a newer style.
Seriously?
It's a style.css, with php including html.

Write in theme buttons and a config cookie (OPTIONAL) where the user clicks, and it applies across all pages, remembering next session time you look at it.

Write one for him...maybe he'll include it as an option if he likes it.

At the least, add it for your own use. :)
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Cyborg_delta1

« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2012, 06:04:20 PM »
Hello all any one know if the content is still available I know its old but I would like to use some thing like this?

Offline JackYack13

« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2012, 02:42:40 PM »
I was wondering if someone could reupload this somewhere because the link in the OP is broken and I couldn't find a working one anywhere. Please help me, I really need this ._.

Offline Sidewaykill

« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2012, 06:29:03 PM »
Try using SourceBans, that's what I use.
Check out the following threads:
http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=980687
http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php?topic=5875.0

You can see an example of SourceBans working on my server at http://versound.org/bans/index.php

Offline equallyhero

« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2013, 09:17:07 AM »
Bump :l

Just wondering if you have continued this - and have a link :)

Offline kpjVideo

« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2013, 10:02:48 AM »
Is this addon updated if so is there a new link for it?
Thanks!

Offline fopje

« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2013, 06:08:32 PM »
I'd like to get it also

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2013, 06:14:57 PM »
Locked topic.
Release from July 2011
Author hasn't posted here since before October 2012 - preGM13 release.
If you're the original author, please contact Team Ulysses using methods described on our website.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 06:18:01 PM by JamminR »
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming