ULX

Author Topic: MC Weather  (Read 2549 times)

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
MC Weather
« on: April 21, 2011, 09:49:37 AM »
I just have to say; I hate the new weather in MineCraft, at least, the snow.
On a server I commonly play on, there is now snow in places that weren't even near snow biomes.
I now have snow on a desert.
It doesn't melt away. It fills inventory to shovel it. It's a pain.
Rain, fine..gets dark/cloudy/sounds awesome when in a structure protected from it, mobs spawn easier or don't go away as quickly..I can adjust to that.
But don't place materials in my way that weren't there before, and shouldn't be now.
I avoid building in snow biomes previously unless I wanted snow. It shouldn't snow now on non-snow biomes.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline krooks

• I don't like video games.
    • Diamond Krooks
Re: MC Weather
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 01:35:15 PM »
I haven't updated yet, just because its a pain in the butt, but I could see how that would be very annoying. I wouldn't want snow in my desert (or anywhere else for that matter), the rain sounds nice though I really want to see that.

I'd imagine a setting coming out to limit the snow/rain, or at least someone creating an addon if you use a modified server.

Hosting MC is such a pain though... I'm ready to quit hosting it!

*edit*
now that i think of it there was already a (craftbukkit)addon that would only allow snow at a certain (configurable) altitude.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 01:37:35 PM by krooks »
My TTT server. Join the fun!

Offline krooks

• I don't like video games.
    • Diamond Krooks
Re: MC Weather
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 08:08:17 PM »
If you run craftbukkit, there are a few mods that stop lightning damage, thankfully I still havent had to deal with snow/ ice.
Sadly a lightning fire took one of my friends tree houses before the addon came out. We have an island where we grow trees on top of trees that go to the top of the skybox, not fun  >:(

I'm looking forward to the next update though, the maps sound great, I already have a server-wide treasure hunt planned, gonna make riddles and everything  :P
My TTT server. Join the fun!