Author Topic: URS BETA - A Highly Customizeable Restriction System (or will be)  (Read 535286 times)

Offline Aaron113

Re: URS BETA - A Highly Customizeable Restriction System (or will be)
« Reply #495 on: June 01, 2015, 11:19:29 PM »
Can you please explain this?

Code: [Select]
ServerLog: [ULX] Hiugo<STEAM_0:0:24910300> spawned/used swep m9k_nerve_gas -=RESTRICTED=-
Hiugo<STEAM_0:0:24910300> spawned/used swep m9k_nerve_gas -=RESTRICTED=-
Giving Hiugo a m9k_nerve_gas

Started happening like 3 days ago
Unless something broke again, that looks like an issue I fixed a LONG time ago.  I will look into it further when I have time.  Best guess would be a conflicting addon.  Try and figure it out for me in the mean time.

Offline Hyperion

« Reply #496 on: June 02, 2015, 04:55:44 AM »
You are correct, the mistake is on my side- I didn't know this addon is still being updated... So I switched to the GitHub version and everything is fine now!

By the way, what's the difference between the pickup and a SWEP? Or even an entity, as an ammo box for example? And thanks for fixing the bouncy ball, I can now restrict it as an entity. Now I only need to find a way how to restrict the directional gravity arrow and SCars

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #497 on: June 02, 2015, 07:57:22 PM »
You are correct, the mistake is on my side- I didn't know this addon is still being updated... So I switched to the GitHub version and everything is fine now!
I guess I wasn't aware there was a broken version unless you were using something really outdated.

By the way, what's the difference between the pickup and a SWEP? Or even an entity, as an ammo box for example? And thanks for fixing the bouncy ball, I can now restrict it as an entity. Now I only need to find a way how to restrict the directional gravity arrow and SCars
Pickup is which players can pickup a weapon off the ground.  Swep would be what players can spawn the swep either for themselves or on the ground.  Restricting an ammo box would probably be a sent or something.  You would have to check console for a spawn log on that one.

Offline dusty8374

How to install URS please help
« Reply #498 on: June 06, 2015, 12:16:59 PM »
Hello, im kind of new to the whole server thing, and people keep spawning in a davy crokett and distroying everything, so i need instructions to download URS, please be in-depth, remember, im a noobie. :)

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #499 on: June 06, 2015, 09:44:10 PM »
https://github.com/Aaron113/urs/archive/master.zip

Download that.  Extract it.  Throw it in your server's addon folder.  Done.  That is the most basic and easy way to do it.

Note:  You will have to delete and download it every time there is an update if you don't use SVN or GIT.  There are guides all over that will help you on that.

Offline [ LittleBigBug_ ]

« Reply #500 on: June 07, 2015, 07:54:05 PM »
I love this addon thank you <3
Works Flawlessly

« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 07:57:18 PM by [ LittleBigBug_ ] »

Offline eliman

« Reply #501 on: June 11, 2015, 12:32:43 PM »
Having a slight problem with restricting stools to a certain group on ULX, not sure if i'm doing it wrong or what but it doesn't work for me  :(

I also tried targeting gmod_lamps as well, still no luck.

Here's a picture:

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #502 on: June 11, 2015, 01:50:41 PM »
It is just "lamp".  Restricting entities that the tools spawn will come in a new version of URS whenever I get up and finish that.   ::) :-[

Offline eliman

« Reply #503 on: June 11, 2015, 02:18:56 PM »
Weird, cause players were also still able to spawn lights and such too. But yeah, looking forward to that update :)

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #504 on: June 30, 2015, 10:07:47 AM »
Just a quick question, if anyone can answer this for me I'd be grateful:
So I was trying to find where I can write the restriction settings to my server manually, since when my server crashes or is restarted, all restrictions that had been input through the xGUI are reset.
In which folder/file do I write the URS restrictions so that they will be implemented each time the server is started up?

I apologize if you get questions like this often, but my efforts to find the answer through Google, and modifying the config files were fruitless :/
<GMOD DIR>/data/ulx/restrictions.txt
<GMOD DIR>/data/ulx/limits.txt
<GMOD DIR>/data/ulx/loadouts.txt

That is where URS saves its data.  If you want to execute commands every startup to add them, that would be a tad bit trickier.  If there is a problem with URS saving, it's probably something with your permissions.  Are other addons able to save like ULib/ULX?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 10:09:31 AM by Aaron113 »

Offline [CYKG] Crazykid33

« Reply #505 on: July 02, 2015, 06:50:01 PM »
Did not work. It said it succesfully installed but I went to the menu and it was not there. And its not letting me uninstall it. Plz help.

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #506 on: July 02, 2015, 10:16:49 PM »
And one more thing I just noticed, that nice little gold shield icon which is sometimes shown in the upper left corner for restricted weapons, It doesn't seem to want to show up for sweps that I restrict.
 I think it's a nice touch, so players don't have to hunt through weapons to find the non-restricted ones, i just wish i could find out how to make it visible :D
Yeah, I'm not 100% sure what your original problem is.  I would probably need access to your server to begin even figuring it out.
The whole admin icon thing is actually a pretty good idea.  I think it may be possible for me to do.  I want to get that new version of URS finished soon, I will strongly consider adding this in that or a future update.

Did not work. It said it succesfully installed but I went to the menu and it was not there. And its not letting me uninstall it. Plz help.
Are you using the workshop version?  I need a lot more information to even begin helping you.  Do you get any errors (server-side and/or client-side)?  Do any urs commands work in console (ulx restrict)?  A start up log or anything would help.

Offline Ryan Hemmet

• https://adversarygaming.com
« Reply #507 on: July 03, 2015, 12:08:40 PM »
I have a problem on one of my servers, the users are able to spawn in restricted weapons and other things using duplicator and advanced duplicator 2. I was wondering if this could be fixed in a future update.

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #508 on: July 06, 2015, 09:14:53 AM »
I have a problem on one of my servers, the users are able to spawn in restricted weapons and other things using duplicator and advanced duplicator 2. I was wondering if this could be fixed in a future update.
Already is if I'm not mistaken... that's what I created the "advdupe" category for.  I will, however, be phasing this out in a future update.

Offline Dylan Baldwin

« Reply #509 on: July 08, 2015, 07:32:10 PM »
Is URS and stacker still broken ?  :'(  If so does anyone know any addons that i can change props per group and works with stacker!