ULX

Author Topic: URS BETA - A Highly Customizeable Restriction System (or will be)  (Read 537972 times)

Offline Aaron113

Re: URS BETA - A Highly Customizeable Restriction System (or will be)
« Reply #510 on: July 08, 2015, 07:40:16 PM »
Is URS and stacker still broken ?  :'(  If so does anyone know any addons that i can change props per group and works with stacker!
I actually forgot about that one, it most likely is the way I check props.

Offline Dylan Baldwin

« Reply #511 on: July 08, 2015, 08:34:42 PM »
I actually forgot about that one, it most likely is the way I check props.

So, will it ever get fixed ?

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #512 on: July 08, 2015, 10:49:19 PM »
So, will it ever get fixed ?
Probably not soon, but we will see.  As I've said many times, I'm in the progress of a rewrite.  It should be easy to fix when I get to finishing the rewrite.  It's hard to find time and motivation  especially when I do this for free.  I don't consider myself obligated to finish it, so I do it when I have free time I want to waste on it.  That's the only reason I am taking my time at this point.  No motivation to finish it.

Offline UFP

« Reply #513 on: July 18, 2015, 04:43:06 PM »
I have a problem. I don't see any of the list when I click restrictions. Also I accidentally made it so a rank only gets a gun and no physgun etc.. I'd love to know how I fix that.. it's urgent.

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #514 on: July 18, 2015, 10:01:36 PM »
I don't see any of the list when I click restrictions.
What list?  props/sents/vehicles/etc?  or?

Also I accidentally made it so a rank only gets a gun and no physgun etc.. I'd love to know how I fix that.. it's urgent
I would either need your data file(s) or a example/sceenshot of what it is you did.  It sounds like you just gave someone a loadout and didn't give them a physgun, which all you have to do is give them one in the loadout.

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #515 on: August 19, 2015, 01:21:55 PM »
I feel like I haven't given any updates as to what I've been doing lately.  Over the past couple of months (in-between life of course) I've been working on a good efficient way to modify ALL URS data.  I wanted to make it as easy as possible for not only myself, but others to work with my code.  I have made some pretty good breakthroughs with that over the past few days.  I routed it all through one function making commands to modify data simple.

I have kind of thrown the GUI aside until I figure out exactly how all the background stuff is going to work.  I ended up remaking it multiple times in the beginning because I was constantly changing how everything is handled in the back.  It is almost exactly as it was last seen minus animations to clear clutter.  I plan to make everything available to modify through the GUI.  I will be adding a config and help tab to make things easier.  The config tab will obviously include all configuration options for URS.  The Help page I plan to have open my Wiki page on Github, which will provide you with all the help needed.

When do I plan on releasing this you may be asking?  I honestly have no clue, I work on it when I feel like it (like a hobby).  I have no set schedule for myself, so there will be no ETA.  I feel like I could release a development version soon so people can give me feedback.  It will obviously be limited and will not be able to do everything I have in mind or even some already existing features of URS.  Essentially URS Beta is still URS Beta, but hopefully this will be the final update to it until I consider it a full release.

Offline Bryantdl7

« Reply #516 on: August 22, 2015, 06:53:52 PM »
sWep restriction can be bypassed by using the creator tool, or middle click. Anyone else notice this?

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #517 on: August 22, 2015, 09:38:40 PM »
sWep restriction can be bypassed by using the creator tool, or middle click. Anyone else notice this?
I guess I haven't updated it much and I'm sure there are updates to gmod that I haven't adjusted URS to.  I do not know when I'll have more time as I'm starting school again on Monday.  I'll look at it as soon as possible and will get it fixed for sure on the new URS update that I mentioned in my last post.

Offline nex86

« Reply #518 on: September 07, 2015, 12:03:51 PM »
Okay, we have the latest ULX and URS on our server but for some reason scripted entity restrictions won't work on a specific rank.
Players in this rank can spawn the sents anyway even though they are restricted on this rank with URS.
The only workaround we have right now is to put the entire sents limit to 0 so nobody can spawn them, even owners.

I'm guessing this is a bug in URS that hasn't been fixed with the latest gmod update yet?

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #519 on: September 07, 2015, 12:15:46 PM »
Okay, we have the latest ULX and URS on our server but for some reason scripted entity restrictions won't work on a specific rank.
I'm guessing this is a bug in URS that hasn't been fixed with the latest gmod update yet?
Bug on a specific rank? Possible, but very unlikely.
More likely, group name is different (case-sensitivity), or possibly, an inheritance issue in the groups versus restrictions.
Go to your server console, run "ulx debuginfo" when someone from that group is on your server.
It will tell you a file was created with a path. Go grab that file and attach it (using the link below when you reply "attachments and other options") to your next post.
Additionally, attach your data/ulx/restrictions.txt file from your server.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline nex86

« Reply #520 on: September 08, 2015, 11:26:14 AM »
The groupname is correct. its "respected".

Here you have the debugdump, restrictions and group file

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #521 on: September 08, 2015, 08:16:51 PM »
Code: [Select]
A-A-ron<STEAM_0:0:25464234> spawned sent sent_ball
] ulx restrict sent "sent_ball" superadmin
(SILENT) You restricted sent sent_ball from superadmin
A-A-ron<STEAM_0:0:25464234> spawned/used sent sent_ball -=RESTRICTED=-
"sent_ball" is a restricted sent from your rank.
Not sure what to tell you.  Has to be something weird going on your side of things.

I'm trying to avoid updating anything as I'm almost done with the new version of URS.  It has some bugs left to push out and finish the GUI.  Otherwise, the new URS appears to be running 100 times faster (some fast calculations by me spawning a few things with each).  I'll obviously be releasing it without every feature I want for it.

Offline nex86

« Reply #522 on: September 09, 2015, 01:06:20 PM »
yea I can't see anything either and I don't know why it won't work.
I removed and reuploaded URS but it doesn't help.

you said that "sent_ball" is apparently restricted from superadmin? it doesn't show up for superadmin on my list, only guest, respected and user.

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #523 on: September 09, 2015, 01:31:31 PM »
yea I can't see anything either and I don't know why it won't work.
I removed and reuploaded URS but it doesn't help.

you said that "sent_ball" is apparently restricted from superadmin? it doesn't show up for superadmin on my list, only guest, respected and user.
I was only testing with my files.  I guess I just assumed yours was fine since there was no other problems.  I don't see any addons that should be doing anything.  Data files are probably fine.

Give me another day to check things out.  I'm curious if you would be open to me testing on your server at some point?

Offline nex86

« Reply #524 on: September 09, 2015, 03:16:05 PM »
I sent you a PM.