ULX

Author Topic: URS BETA - A Highly Customizeable Restriction System (or will be)  (Read 535016 times)

Offline SoggyWontonz

Re: URS BETA - A Highly Customizeable Restriction System (or will be)
« Reply #540 on: October 10, 2015, 09:48:19 AM »
Ok, I want it so that users cant spawn NPCs but can kill the NPCS which are spawned by admins.
What is the command or way to do this?

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #541 on: October 10, 2015, 11:16:01 AM »
Ok, I want it so that users cant spawn NPCs but can kill the NPCS which are spawned by admins.
What is the command or way to do this?
Sounds like some kind of damage protection with your prop protection.  Doesn't sound like something with URS.  Sorry, the website wasn't loading or I would've posted sooner.

Offline .overflow? | CSGORumble.com

« Reply #542 on: October 18, 2015, 10:44:33 PM »
Hello, I want to restrict user from being able to use TDM cars, so how do I select the whole group instead of adding them one by one. Plus if you were adding them one by one how would you do it? Any help would be much appreciated. I essentially want to restrict all TDM cars from user just so VIP and above can use them.

EDIT:
Is there any way to stop the use use m9k specialities? :P
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 11:00:05 PM by .overflow? | CSGORumble.com »

Offline nex86

« Reply #543 on: November 08, 2015, 04:30:03 AM »
any news about an update for URS?

Offline WispySkies

• I make random commands and Lua errors.
« Reply #544 on: November 09, 2015, 01:32:38 PM »
Hello, I want to restrict user from being able to use TDM cars, so how do I select the whole group instead of adding them one by one. Plus if you were adding them one by one how would you do it? Any help would be much appreciated. I essentially want to restrict all TDM cars from user just so VIP and above can use them.

EDIT:
Is there any way to stop the use use m9k specialities? :P
Spawn in all the m9k specialties (I use them too, it's fun :D) and in your console (assuming you have spawn logs on for admins) take the m9k_STUFF and go to Restrictions, Sweps, and then select your user and type m9k_STUFF. Stuff is just what appears, not everything. I would also recommend restricting the entity(prop thing, ammo, something don't hate) m9k_ammo_nuke which when hit with a crowbar 10 or so times it Davy Crocketts the world. Same thing with the cars, but if it's a prop, or whatever, be sure to restrict it in the right category.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 01:36:29 PM by WispySkies »

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #545 on: November 09, 2015, 02:29:24 PM »
any news about an update for URS?
The update pretty much consists of me finishing the GUI, then a few minor tweaks to the core of the addon.  With school and everything else where it is at right now, it is lower on the priority list.  Keep in mind that when I release the new version, I'm going to keep it in a "dev" branch.  It will not be 100% finished and will still be missing some features I wanted to add.

I'm going to try to aim for a release in December, while I'm on winter break for a month.

Offline Bryantdl7

« Reply #546 on: November 12, 2015, 06:12:49 AM »

Double post because mobile.... :/You need to use the "all" restriction.  This restricts all of a given type.  This will become easier (in the new version).
I feel it is plenty easy now.

Side note; a buggy addon was making restrictions not work for me. So if you were looking into how to fix that then don't worry.

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #547 on: November 12, 2015, 07:07:47 AM »
I feel it is plenty easy now.

Side note; a buggy addon was making restrictions not work for me. So if you were looking into how to fix that then don't worry.
Im not surprisef, lots of addons like to conflict with URS, it's just something I have to keep working on.

Offline nex86

« Reply #548 on: November 12, 2015, 02:19:38 PM »
yea do not use it together with unolimited for example. it will mess up the restrictions.

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #549 on: November 12, 2015, 09:19:25 PM »
Wow!  Just felt like sharing this.  Changing ONE SINGLE function in the new URS, just a small change, is the difference between checking 50 entities per second to 33,000 entities per second.  That was just mind blowing to me.  I was trying to find a way to make the function easier to understand and use and it ended up being HORRIBLE.  I'm lucky I noticed the speed difference before I moved on.

EDIT:  Small update... I believe just the loadout GUI remains to finish.  Then I would be comfortable with releasing a "dev" version of the new URS.  It definitely does not contain all I want to add quite yet and it is not 100% polished, but it will get there in time.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 09:46:22 PM by Aaron113 »

Offline Bite That Apple

• Apple Innovations 2010®
    • Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #550 on: November 15, 2015, 03:12:44 PM »
Welcome back to gmod aaron
Quote from: John F. Kennedy 1963
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #551 on: November 15, 2015, 09:37:34 PM »
Welcome back to gmod aaron
I'm trying to tell if that is sarcastic or not.  But, I have been around gmod just not a lot.  I haven't really kept up on much in gmod for like 3 or 4 years.  Now I just place once in a while on a random server I pick out.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #552 on: November 16, 2015, 02:59:48 PM »
Anyone welcoming you back is serious.
We're glad you're back to coding one of your bigger projects, updating URS.
The fact coding G-Lua every 3-4 years is, in and of itself, like learning a new programming language every 3 or 4 years.
It is a self serving automatic sarcasm feature whether the original poster intended it or not. :)

"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Bite That Apple

• Apple Innovations 2010®
    • Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #553 on: November 17, 2015, 06:45:24 PM »
I'm trying to tell if that is sarcastic or not.  But, I have been around gmod just not a lot.  I haven't really kept up on much in gmod for like 3 or 4 years.  Now I just place once in a while on a random server I pick out.

I was actually being serious. You were dead for the last few years, it wasn't until like May of this year that you had pretty much fully returned. I just hadn't said anything until now.

Anyone welcoming you back is serious.
We're glad you're back to coding one of your bigger projects, updating URS.
The fact coding G-Lua every 3-4 years is, in and of itself, like learning a new programming language every 3 or 4 years.
It is a self serving automatic sarcasm feature whether the original poster intended it or not. :)

Indeed, our beloved JamminR is correct. I thought URS was as well dead. As for the last bit he said, sarcasm is a feature I don't play too much apart of, though the occasional troll here and there is something I do, do, just not here most of the time.
Quote from: John F. Kennedy 1963
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.

Offline nex86

« Reply #554 on: November 18, 2015, 08:21:19 AM »
More sbox cvar limits would be awesome, like wiremod limits or the rest of the gmod limit?