ULX

Author Topic: URS BETA - A Highly Customizeable Restriction System (or will be)  (Read 535111 times)

Offline Makish

Re: URS BETA - A Highly Customizeable Restriction System (or will be)
« Reply #180 on: November 06, 2011, 06:47:38 PM »
Since I'm absolutely clueless when it comes to coding, I'm going to ask a dumb question (or maybe not) Could you possibly use the same code as Evolve when it comes to weapon restriction? Evolve apparently can auto detect all the weapons and filter them accordingly. Would this be possible in ULX?

Offline LuaTenshi

• Just your ordinary moon angel!
    • Mirai.Red
« Reply #181 on: November 06, 2011, 09:26:17 PM »
Since I'm absolutely clueless when it comes to coding, I'm going to ask a dumb question (or maybe not) Could you possibly use the same code as Evolve when it comes to weapon restriction? Evolve apparently can auto detect all the weapons and filter them accordingly. Would this be possible in ULX?

Evolve uses a different "coding style" then ULX does, but if you have noticed the weapon restrictions already let you select from a list of weapons.

But yes it would be possible to do it, but you would not be able to do it the exact same way as evolve does it.

I think its easier just to spawn the certain weapon look at the weapon name, and restrict it like that.
I cry every time I see that I am not a respected member of this community.

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #182 on: November 07, 2011, 04:13:47 AM »

I can take a look at how Evolve does it and get back to you.  Wish my site was up so I could add it to my todo.

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #183 on: November 09, 2011, 02:41:54 PM »

Ok, I've added it to my todo list, but it isn't a priority so you'll have to wait.

Also, if I'm missing anything on my todo, let me know.  Some *** from my current host did something and I lost some of my site.  Host doesn't have backups for free to host people (which I am), so yeah.

Offline JackYack13

« Reply #184 on: December 18, 2011, 02:20:07 PM »
One useful thing you might add is an inherit feature. So for example instead of putting "weapon_physgun", "weapon_physcannon", "gmod_tool", and "gmod_camera" in the loadouts of 10 groups (since it's quite a pain in the a*s), I could simply make all groups inherit from one group with these weapons in the loadout. Same with restrictions: instead of restricting the same weapons from all groups, I could simply restrict them from one and make the other groups inherit that group. I know this might be quite challenging to implement but it would make your addon close to perfect :)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 02:39:22 PM by JackYack13 »

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #185 on: December 18, 2011, 10:29:25 PM »
Inheriting isn't a bad idea. (Kinda like copying previously mentioned)  I've been busy coding for a different community lately and just haven't had time to work on it.  I'll try and get some more done over Christmas break.

Offline blackfire88

« Reply #186 on: December 26, 2011, 04:55:46 PM »
You removed per-player restriction and unrestriction from the TODO without doing it :(

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #187 on: December 26, 2011, 05:13:26 PM »
unrestriction
Wut?

You removed per-player restriction and unrestriction from the TODO without doing it :(
I added it.  Just place the SteamID in the groups argument rather then the group.

Offline blackfire88

« Reply #188 on: December 26, 2011, 05:21:30 PM »
unrestriction. So if they are in a group that is restricted from gmod_tool, weapon_physgun, weapon_deagle, weapon_physcannon you can then unrestrict weapon_physcannon from them without unrestricting it from the whole group.

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #189 on: December 26, 2011, 08:15:44 PM »
I swear I did... I'll have to look into it when ever I find time.

Offline Oblivi0us

« Reply #190 on: January 03, 2012, 01:18:17 PM »
Thanks for this necessary ULX plugin. I'm dealing with some annoying problems at the moment. Weapon restriction and loadout works but I cannot seem to restrict entities, npcs, props, etc because the target field is empty, and I don't want to manually input all restrictions. I selected the group I want to restrict but URS simply isn't detecting what entities are on the server, forgive me if this is a ridiculous question but I tried everything.

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #191 on: January 03, 2012, 02:39:06 PM »
URS does not retrieve a list of entities on the server.  I have not bothered to find a way yet.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 02:43:17 PM by Aaron113 »

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #192 on: January 03, 2012, 02:52:25 PM »
By the way... I'll probably rewrite this completely and not make it dependent on ULX/ULib for Gmod 13.

Offline Oblivi0us

« Reply #193 on: January 03, 2012, 05:22:44 PM »
URS does not retrieve a list of entities on the server.  I have not bothered to find a way yet.
Perhaps you are familiar with assmod (A Simple Server Modification), which was able to do this. It's something you should consider adding and I don't expect that it would be difficult to implement.

;)

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #194 on: January 03, 2012, 05:41:25 PM »
You don't happen to have a link to the download or the lua file that does it, do you?