Author Topic: URS BETA - A Highly Customizeable Restriction System (or will be)  (Read 535317 times)

Offline Aaron113

Re: URS BETA - A Highly Customizeable Restriction System (or will be)
« Reply #270 on: January 03, 2013, 07:59:12 PM »
Is that because you're setting it for superadmins and not admins?  or did you mean superadmins?  If not then it's most likely broken.  I honestly don't really have the time/motivation for this anymore.  If anyone wants to work on it, I'll give you access.  Obviously I'll do a background check and keep an eye on the repo if I do.

Offline mikey

« Reply #271 on: January 04, 2013, 01:05:24 AM »
Is that because you're setting it for superadmins and not admins?  or did you mean superadmins?  If not then it's most likely broken.  I honestly don't really have the time/motivation for this anymore.  If anyone wants to work on it, I'll give you access.  Obviously I'll do a background check and keep an eye on the repo if I do.
I found the problem, FPP interferes with the restriction system which somehow screwed the prop limit & blacklisted models.

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #272 on: January 05, 2013, 02:00:55 PM »
Yeah, certain addons seem to conflict with this.

Offline Tristian Wood

« Reply #273 on: January 07, 2013, 03:51:03 AM »
FPP is a horrible system, 90% of the time it corrupts your database. Best of removing it and sticking with Aaron's magnificent design, URS.
Aaron do you recon that you could create a system where you right click on the prop (in the q menu) and have the option to blacklist it? Would be very handy.
Owner of soul gaming

Offline thegtz

« Reply #274 on: January 07, 2013, 08:57:31 PM »
If you don't use FPP then what do you use to restrict/block tools? As that why I currently use it for, block physgun use on certain things, block things from being duped and block tools i don't want people to use.

Offline TweaK

• Garry's Mod Engineers
« Reply #275 on: January 11, 2013, 04:30:17 PM »
This one should be working, everything that I tested seemed fine https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7934790/gmod/urs.zip

edit: I should mention that you will have to delete your old limits/loadouts/restrictions data files
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 04:39:34 PM by TweaK »

Offline mrt638

« Reply #276 on: January 15, 2013, 08:21:49 PM »
This one should be working, everything that I tested seemed fine https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7934790/gmod/urs.zip

edit: I should mention that you will have to delete your old limits/loadouts/restrictions data files
It seems when I restart my server it won't allow anyone to spawn props. In order to allow them to I have to reset the prop limits. The funny thing is, it shows all the previous prop limits I've made from the data folder but it still makes me reset them. If I don't it just won't allow anyone to spawn props!

Offline TweaK

• Garry's Mod Engineers
« Reply #277 on: January 15, 2013, 10:17:37 PM »
It seems when I restart my server it won't allow anyone to spawn props. In order to allow them to I have to reset the prop limits. The funny thing is, it shows all the previous prop limits I've made from the data folder but it still makes me reset them. If I don't it just won't allow anyone to spawn props!

Hmm. And you deleted the data files before installing my version?

Offline mrt638

« Reply #278 on: January 16, 2013, 10:31:26 AM »
Yes I did. I am using Dark RP and they have the FAdmin installed automatically with Dark RP but I truly don't think they would conflict. I'm guessing it does thing for everyone else as well?

EDIT: Just to ass, I tryed deleting the data file that this creates and seeing if redoing limits work but it still had the problem. If it's working for everyone else just fine then something must be conflicting or I'm just hated by lua.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 10:52:33 AM by mrt638 »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #279 on: January 16, 2013, 02:22:26 PM »
I believe Fadmin is known to conflict with the same prop limit hooks that URS Beta uses.
(Sorry, I don't have time to search the forums here right now to find the confirmation)
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline TweaK

• Garry's Mod Engineers
« Reply #280 on: January 16, 2013, 02:23:37 PM »
Hmm yeah you might have some sort of conflict having two admin mods installed... maybe try it without FAdmin?

Offline mrt638

« Reply #281 on: January 16, 2013, 11:30:36 PM »
Hmm yeah you might have some sort of conflict having two admin mods installed... maybe try it without FAdmin?
I went ahead and removed FAdmin. It's fully removed yet still facing the same issue. I really have no idea what could be causing this. Do I need my .cfg files configured a certain way?

Edit by Megiddo: Remember that many kids play gmod, and by extension read this forum. Please talk in the same manner that you would in the real world around children.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 05:09:39 AM by Megiddo »

Offline bungletrpg

« Reply #282 on: January 23, 2013, 10:50:56 AM »
It does this to me but only with the default "user" group. For some reason, it's not saving the limit for that group correctly:
Code: [Select]
"prop"
{
"user" 20
"respected" "20"
"moderator" "20"
"trainee" "20"
}

The prop limit for all the other groups goes in quotes, except "user."
mrt might be having that same problem. It's not a big deal but I have to set the limit for that group every time I restart the server or reload the map.

Offline naBs

« Reply #283 on: January 25, 2013, 10:07:05 AM »
Can't get this to show up in my XGUI, I can see it in the modules settings though just can't enable it so that I can begin using it ;( any ideas anyone?

Offline TweaK

• Garry's Mod Engineers
« Reply #284 on: January 25, 2013, 06:07:17 PM »
Can't get this to show up in my XGUI, I can see it in the modules settings though just can't enable it so that I can begin using it ;( any ideas anyone?
Are you a superadmin? That's what URS access defaults to, may be why you can't see it.