ULX

Author Topic: URS BETA - A Highly Customizeable Restriction System (or will be)  (Read 535243 times)

Offline naBs

Re: URS BETA - A Highly Customizeable Restriction System (or will be)
« Reply #285 on: January 26, 2013, 07:16:30 AM »
Are you a superadmin? That's what URS access defaults to, may be why you can't see it.

I've got my own custom groups set etc. so I've set myself as Owner instead maybe that's what the issue is...is there anyway I can change this? Thanks

Edit: Nevermind, played around with the XGUI settings and managed to add access to the URS Module so now it's available thanks for the help anyway :D
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 08:10:37 AM by naBs »

Offline TweaK

• Garry's Mod Engineers
« Reply #286 on: January 26, 2013, 02:55:45 PM »
Anything that inherits from superadmin should get it (by default) unless you add the permission to another group

Offline Zevoxa

« Reply #287 on: February 04, 2013, 09:52:04 PM »
I'm having the same problem as the guy before. I can't find it in XGUI. I'm superadmin and everything. I've refreshed models and everything. I placed the u-r-s folder in C:\Gmod Server\orangebox\garrysmod\addons\ulx\lua\ulx\modules, isn't that correct?

EDIT: From my understanding you just put it in garrysmod\addons, but it's still not working. :|
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 02:52:09 PM by Zevoxa »

Offline Zevoxa

« Reply #288 on: February 06, 2013, 09:59:28 PM »
URS doesn't really work for me. Every time I want to block something of a group, I go to restrict, select the group right click the thing I want to block (right click inside spawn menu) so it gets the path, I put the path in "model/path" and then apply it, but still people can spawn it and use them! Plus, I don't think you can block stuff like noclip and player models for certain groups in URS can you? So how do I do this? :| Please help, it would be greatly appreciated.  :-\

Offline bungletrpg

« Reply #289 on: February 07, 2013, 04:46:50 PM »
It does this to me but only with the default "user" group. For some reason, it's not saving the limit for that group correctly:
Code: [Select]
"prop"
{
"user" 20
"respected" "20"
"moderator" "20"
"trainee" "20"
}

The prop limit for all the other groups goes in quotes, except "user."
mrt might be having that same problem. It's not a big deal but I have to set the limit for that group every time I restart the server or reload the map.

I'm still having this issue. Anyone have any ideas?

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #290 on: February 07, 2013, 07:34:10 PM »
Clicking on Aaron's name in the forum shows this...
Last Active:
    January 15, 2013, 10:46:22 AM
Perhaps if someone were to either 1) wait for him to check by, he did say in the 2nd or 3rd to last page here that he would be busy or.
2) WOW, what an IDEA... PM Aaron, which, by default, emails the user at thier registered address to let them know they got a PM.
No need to PM him asking the question..simply PM him saying Hi, know you're busy, but, could you possibly find time to help us with <link to the error/this page>
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Epsilon

« Reply #291 on: March 13, 2013, 12:36:37 AM »
Is this addon still supported? I tried installing it, but it just crashed me when I attempted to connect to the server (Too many LUA errors). If not, are there any other functioning alternatives?

Offline nexbr

« Reply #292 on: March 13, 2013, 06:34:08 AM »
No not working.
He just uploaded my last Fixed version at Workshop, that was not giving errors, just was not working, and he didn't did any fixes, he just uploaded a non-working version to workshop, and he probably will not fix it.

I have fixed a lot of things, and i don't think I'll upload it for public because people are uploading to other places without giving the credit for people who worked on the project.

Offline nathan736

« Reply #293 on: March 13, 2013, 07:27:52 AM »
thats sad that people would do that e.e. "hey guys i wrote a restriction system that has almost 100% same code as a poster on ulx but i coded it!"
a person asked me how to code lua and i said this " its like building a rocket up side down then  realizing you did it all wrong."

Offline nexbr

« Reply #294 on: March 13, 2013, 07:33:51 AM »
thats sad that people would do that e.e. "hey guys i wrote a restriction system that has almost 100% same code as a poster on ulx but i coded it!"

Hey I'm NOT Saying that Is MINE, or I CODED ALL, or nothing like that.

What i'm saying is some credit for Fixing or Improving is great.

If somebody helped me to fix my mods or improve it, i'll be happy to give the credit.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 07:37:49 AM by nexbr »

Offline nathan736

« Reply #295 on: March 13, 2013, 08:34:31 AM »
sorry it was a joke #"worst post ever" for me xD kinda forgot who the OP was D:
anyways on topic workshop would probably be a bad idea for this assuming it requires ulx because people will install it and think its a standalone
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 10:21:13 AM by nathan736 »
a person asked me how to code lua and i said this " its like building a rocket up side down then  realizing you did it all wrong."

Offline Epsilon

« Reply #296 on: March 13, 2013, 06:47:57 PM »
In that case, are there any alternatives to using this?

Offline nexbr

« Reply #297 on: March 13, 2013, 06:54:03 PM »
In that case, are there any alternatives to using this?

That i know this is the only one, Since last update Aaron gave up from updating (GMOD 13).

I could post my fixes but is not totally working, the loadout, restriction of weapons and tools are working, i didn't test all features.

Offline nexbr

« Reply #298 on: March 13, 2013, 11:25:39 PM »
Last Official version: 10/16/2011 Revision 15  :(

Offline nathan736

« Reply #299 on: March 14, 2013, 07:27:54 AM »
falcos prop protection can be used for but that set up and the gui ( in my opinion is ugly)