ULX

Author Topic: URS BETA - A Highly Customizeable Restriction System (or will be)  (Read 538196 times)

Offline TweaK

• Garry's Mod Engineers
Re: URS BETA - A Highly Customizeable Restriction System (or will be)
« Reply #360 on: July 06, 2013, 12:19:59 PM »
I'm also having trouble banning dynamite. I can ban the tool just fine, but can't seem to prevent people from simply using dupes with dynamite attached (Even banning the model doesn't work).
sbox_maxdynamite 0

I need help really badly, how to I restrict wire tools? I want to restrict E2 from Guests but no matter how I type "Expressions 2, Expressions tool" or whatever it doesnt work.
wire_expression2

Offline Epsilon

« Reply #361 on: July 07, 2013, 06:13:41 PM »
Wouldn't that ban dynamite for everyone though? That's not what I want to do here.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #362 on: July 07, 2013, 07:15:31 PM »
Wouldn't that ban dynamite for everyone though? That's not what I want to do here.
If the limiting system still works like I think, admins/superadmins, and other groups you specify, would be able to overcome that.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Epsilon

« Reply #363 on: July 07, 2013, 08:23:46 PM »
Also, is there any way to use this to limit the number of, say, ropes or thrusters that a specific group can spawn?

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #364 on: July 07, 2013, 09:03:50 PM »
This will let you conrol just about any sbox_ item, and more.
Please review the first post.
And since the guide link no longer works, review the 25 pages of posts where I believe your question of how is answered.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Epsilon

« Reply #365 on: July 12, 2013, 05:42:48 PM »
I don't know, I just can't seem to get it to work. As far as I can tell, the command would be something along the lines of, "ulx setlimit sbox_maxdynamite user 0", however this just returns "Command "ulx setlimit", argument #1: invalid string", indicating that sbox_maxdynamite isn't something that can be limited. I've searched this whole thread and haven't found anything useful. Am I just blind or something?

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #366 on: July 12, 2013, 10:14:48 PM »
I'm guessing you're using setlimit incorrectly. I don't know how to use it though to tell you what "type" is.
As far as I know, URS limiting of items like dynamite was based on my old unolimited.
Within that, if you set the server var to 0, it would still allow <groups you specify> to go past <server limit> by <some number set in a cfg>.
Now, I've not looked at this code in a long time to know.
I've no idea if sbox_maxdynamite is still a valid server cvar.
But if you configure this addon correctly, and the sbox cvar still exists on the server, and this addon sitill works, I'm guessing it should allow some groups to set dynamite.
I'm sorry, but I don't know more than that.

Offline Epsilon

« Reply #367 on: July 13, 2013, 12:15:13 AM »
Is there any way that I might get in touch with Aaron? I'd imagine that he might know how this is done.

Offline Hyperion

« Reply #368 on: July 13, 2013, 09:36:37 AM »
Still no solution about the SCars and bouncy ball? I hate that people can refill their health even at deathmatches, and I can't do anything against that...

Offline Epsilon

« Reply #369 on: July 16, 2013, 04:46:02 PM »
Hyperion, I've had this issue too when trying to ban entities through the XGUI interface. The solution is to simply add the SENTs to the blacklist manually. To do so, navigate to garrysmod/data/ulx/ on your server and open the file "restrictions.txt". You might want to open this in Notepad++, else the formatting will appear wonky. Find the "sent" section in the file, and add in the things you want to blacklist. Obviously, you should use the same formatting as the other blocked entities.

Unfortunately, this will NOT prevent people from spawning the blacklisted items through a dupe. In fact, it seems that most anything that has been blacklisted through URS can be spawned by anyone with a simple dupe. waThis is something that I feel needs to be addressed as soon as possible for fairly obvious reasons.

Offline Agentmass

« Reply #370 on: July 19, 2013, 06:56:06 PM »
Can't seem to restrict vehicles. Anyone else having this problem?

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #371 on: July 21, 2013, 09:04:23 AM »
I'm going to try to pick this back up a bit.  I created a git repo so you guys can submit pull requests and issues.

https://github.com/Aaron113/URS

EDIT:  I could write something up on its wiki feature as well for more detail.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 09:11:20 AM by Aaron113 »

Offline Epsilon

« Reply #372 on: July 21, 2013, 10:35:46 PM »
Sounds good, thank you.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #373 on: July 22, 2013, 03:59:57 PM »
Stronly recommend the wiki...seems a majority of our posts both in this thread, and across our forum, are people 1) saying it doesn't work (because they're not doing it right) or 2) asking how to do something they're trying to do.
I've personally never used it, and since the link on the front page that used to point to 'advanced commands' no longer works, really have trouble helping.

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #374 on: July 28, 2013, 12:12:48 PM »
I'm going to see if I can find that file so I don't have to completely rewrite it for now.  I'm going to try to recode this (again).  I honestly think my work is a bit sloppy in it.  It'll give me some more experience designing and creating GUIs.  I can't give any ETA on when I'll get it done.

EDIT:  I just looked over and tested the current version of URS and it appears to be working fine.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 12:53:06 PM by Aaron113 »