ULX

Author Topic: URS BETA - A Highly Customizeable Restriction System (or will be)  (Read 537119 times)

Offline Aaron113

Re: URS BETA - A Highly Customizeable Restriction System (or will be)
« Reply #390 on: August 15, 2013, 07:50:19 PM »
That version should match this version just fine.  Weird.  Perhaps it can be done manually.

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #391 on: August 15, 2013, 10:40:35 PM »
Just realized I can add more to the wiki about commands.  I'll update it tomorrow.

Offline LuaTenshi

• Just your ordinary moon angel!
    • Mirai.Red
« Reply #392 on: August 18, 2013, 08:01:08 PM »
Have you considered adding the option to restrict for every thing below a certain rank. Its really annoying and kind of spammy to have to restrict user, respected, moderator, and admin all separately...

Also please add the option to disable the tools printing in the console of admins and make it so they only get printed to the server console.
Also add the option to toggle if the use of a restricted tool is printed or not.

Sorry that the above sounds so demanding.
I cry every time I see that I am not a respected member of this community.

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #393 on: August 18, 2013, 09:10:32 PM »
ulx restrict sent sent_ball * superadmin

Fairly certain that will restrict it from everyone but superadmin.

The rest will have to wait, I'm going on vacation and will be gone for the week.

Offline theGoldTrigger

« Reply #394 on: October 05, 2013, 09:40:46 PM »
With the most current update of ULX I don't seem to have any options in the restrictions section of the menu D: any ideas?

Getting this error when trying to use in Rcon

[ERROR] addons/urs/lua/ulx/modules/sh/urs_cmds.lua:19: attempt to index global 'restrictions' (a nil value)
  1. call - addons/urs/lua/ulx/modules/sh/urs_cmds.lua:19
   2. __fn - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/commands.lua:943
    3. unknown - addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/commands.lua:1296
     4. unknown - lua/includes/modules/concommand.lua:69
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 09:44:51 PM by theGoldTrigger »

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #395 on: October 07, 2013, 10:51:03 AM »
I'll look into it when I have time.

EDIT:  It appears to be working fine for me.  Perhaps your data files are corrupt?  I should add some kind of check for it.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 11:03:37 AM by Aaron113 »

Offline Semajnad

« Reply #396 on: December 10, 2013, 01:49:57 PM »
How could I limit a ULX usergroup to say 10 buttons, instead of restricting buttons all together? If this is not a feature, can we add the tools into limits as well please?

This way I can limit guests to only 5 buttons, or 3 cameras etc.

Thank you.

Offline Hyperion

« Reply #397 on: December 10, 2013, 02:00:21 PM »
I wanted to ask the exact thing few days ago but forgot to, thank you! I also want to be able to restrict tool limits for ranks, please

Offline Semajnad

« Reply #398 on: December 10, 2013, 02:31:52 PM »
Yes, thanks for pointing that out. That's what I want, to be able to limit tool placement per rank. So for example admin can place 10 cameras, guest can only place 3.

Offline Hyperion

« Reply #399 on: December 10, 2013, 10:46:13 PM »
Basically being able to set sbox_max... for different ranks, so same like setting weapon restrictions except that there will be an additional box for the limit number. But I think it's also important to fix the bouncy ball being unrestrictable, so people won't be able to heal no matter how may medkits I block

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #400 on: December 11, 2013, 11:35:43 AM »
UNoLimited, another release, can allow for setting custom limits per group BUT, it's NOT per item. It's per group only.
BEWARE however, as I've not looked into how URS does it's limit watching, both may conflict with each other.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Suicidal.Banana

« Reply #401 on: January 15, 2014, 10:46:16 AM »
Heya, sorry for the bump, but i was thinking, can we get a little update on the tool restrictions?
(if this plugin is still beeing kept up to date, but steam workshop download makes me think it is)

What i want to do is to disallow people (well, the default group) to SPAWN with the Duplicator, but i do want to allow them to COPY/SAVE, the reason is that the server im sort-of-hosting-atm just doesnt cope well with dupes, loading/pasting anything can cause the connected clients to stall for over 30 seconds, in effect booting everybody from the server, now obviously the better solution here would be a better server, but untill that happens, i need to be able to tone down the amount of disconnects.

(Also, super unrelated, hi again all, back, to stay this time)
Oh my, almost 7 years

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #402 on: January 15, 2014, 10:57:54 AM »
Heya, sorry for the bump, but i was thinking, can we get a little update on the tool restrictions?
(if this plugin is still beeing kept up to date, but steam workshop download makes me think it is)
I only really work on it in my free time when I don't have much else to do, which isn't often.  It's sort of a side project.  I have big plans for it, but if it will ever actually come out, I'm not sure.

What i want to do is to disallow people (well, the default group) to SPAWN with the Duplicator, but i do want to allow them to COPY/SAVE, the reason is that the server im sort-of-hosting-atm just doesnt cope well with dupes, loading/pasting anything can cause the connected clients to stall for over 30 seconds, in effect booting everybody from the server, now obviously the better solution here would be a better server, but untill that happens, i need to be able to tone down the amount of disconnects.
I agree with this to a certain point.  I believe the ability to limit which functions of a tool you can use (primary, secondary, and reload) would be useful.  This would allow you to disable the use of primary fire, therefore disabling pasting.  When/if I get around to working on this more, I'll definitely consider this.

Offline Suicidal.Banana

« Reply #403 on: January 15, 2014, 11:01:07 AM »
Cool thanks man, no rush, just something i'd love to see, keep up the great work! ;D
Oh my, almost 7 years

Offline Bite That Apple

• Apple Innovations 2010®
    • Fun 4 Everyone Gaming
« Reply #404 on: January 15, 2014, 11:59:23 PM »
Cool thanks man, no rush, just something i'd love to see, keep up the great work! ;D

oh my god, i haven't seen that name post here in many years now.
Quote from: John F. Kennedy 1963
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.